1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project ExtremeX-Platinium

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by aksys, 29 Mar 2015.

1. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

Project ExtremeX-Platinium - A case for real one jewel - By Aksys

Hello everybody, hardware fans, modding adicts and computer's artists

For a long time I've watched delightfully the amazing mods of bit-tech, I came here by the link I found on MDPC's homepage, where i discovered few years ago, how those computers that I love, can become art masterpieces...
    I've seen many other art pieces on bit-tech and other german and french sites of course, as english isn't my mother language, and I must shamefully confess that I'm a french...lol...well, I know that this comunity of open minded people is sharing the same passions like me, so i dont fear to feel lonely, as long as my english is understandable, and above all, if my project is intersting you, and on the top of that, if i go to the end with success. I saw some very intersting projects that suddenly ended without explanations, and I guess its sad for all of us, so I can't promise any dates for many reasons, money and time always on the first place, but I know myself, and i Know I won't give up as long I still can move and breath.

A little about me, before I show you plans...

My name is Aksys (on the net). It is not my first computer, I build computers since Windows 98, I can even say that I'm a geek, cuz I have in my house, a special room that I usually never share with my girlfriend, where i am surrounded by computers and hardware parts, as I make and fix computers in a large comunity of people around my area, and I also have the bad habit to keep everything, it just make me sad to throw in the garbidge, computer parts that are working still...so I have many computers, but it's like car collectors, we like to watch and keep old ones.
    Two month ago, my main computer, running a Q9400 with 8 giga of ram on a Gigabyte EP45 UD3lr, has been hurted by a sad accident touching the motherboard. As this harware starts to be an oldie, I did not find it on the net, except in china, at the price of 900 dollards??????? amazing for an old chipset 775...but it was a great MoBo so may be it's solded out...I also have a computer running on 775, a 2core E6400 on a Asus P5GCMX, but this Asus doesn't have enough PCI ports to add all the controller "daughter cards" that I use to run my huge database, and it has only 2 ram slots, then it isn't made for overclocking so i decided to invest in my new computer...my dream computer...well prices are lessening my desires but it will be a dream PC, but you will decide...

So the hardware I'v choose is based on the x79 chipset. (I was dreaming on x99 but I think i wont need so much power, and the prices are just insane...lol)

I spend a lot of time to read magazines and net sites about harware evolutions, and since a few years, beyond the power of platforms, i apreciate a lot the "look" of the harware and all the efforts made for beauty and color harmony since modders started to show what's inside to people...
    It's like women, no one can pretend to be the most beautifull, but I fell in love again (joke) with an Asrock motherboard...that's why I named my post, A case for real one jewel, cuz it's the cutest and prettyest motherboard I'v ever seen... I mean:
    the Asrock x79 extreme 9

Of course, there is the extreme 11 but I don't need so many GPUs, and it's double price. Here is what I'v planned to buy, but I must say that for now, I've only ordered the Asrock motherboard, and the other parts will come month after month cuz I can't afford it in one spend, so it gives me time to start the case work.
    Then will come:
    an Intel core I7 4930K
    16 first, then other 16 giga of ram corsair dominator platinium to reach 32 giga in the end
    raid 0 of SSD Plextor M6 pro 256g
    PSU Enermax Platimax 1350w
    2 GPU that are still not choosen, in the beginning it will run a old GPU aircooled that i have, a Gigabyte GTX 560 TI OC
    Both CPU and GPUs will be watter cooled ( I'm still choosing what will be the model between EK and others, I wanna realise a solid tubbing if possible with chrome or nickel plated copper tubes)
    then there will be also 9 HDD Seagate Barracuda 2to (I have already 6 full of datas)

The case...well the case...I know it's a case mod section but...that's why i did not like to mention the prefix in the thread...I really think it will be a scratch-build, but I am also considering some cases like the famous Tj07 to mod it but....grrrr here is my first plan of it. I am not in a hurry, I am in the creation stage, that's why I offer you my first ideas and I am open to other ideas or suggestions...

[​IMG]

2. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

well, i think iv made a mistake in my image hosting url or something gone wrong, ill try to post that pic in a moment
    brb

3. TheL4mka

TheL4mka Minimodder

IMG tags are used this way :)

PHP:
    [IMG]http://oi60.tinypic.com/2d7yjkk.jpg[/IMG]

4. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

Thanks TheL4mka, I realise I never used any image hosting site before, would you give me a help and write me the url of an image hosting site located in the USA, may be it would be easyer to post my pictures...I must figure out the whole process...sorry to be a dummy in image hosting..

5. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

6. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

project extreme - x - platinium

here I am again
    I thought my pic would be under my text, I am a bit disappointed but it's my fault
    I think this links works and shows my plan, it's made with Paint, so I apologise cuz it is not of the quality of sketchup 3D plans, but it shows the result I am aiming...even if many updates and changings will certainly come, its only the general look of what i imagine. I am now working on the other side of the mod design and then I will take care of front. Then will come the inside plans, and how to integrate and realise this in real...I'm coming back soon...

7. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

well it seems my project isnot interestig...nevermind, i'll make it...see yah

8. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Someone litterally tells you how to link a picture and you still do not listen. Then you are unhappy that no one is interested.

If you would have actually read the rules of this section and put some photos of the modding or work in progress in your first post perhaps people would have been.

9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

D'oh. :lol:

Text in project log section is not interesting, text with pictures & or videos is interesting in project log section, keep trying, you might have something amazing to show. :)

10. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

:duh::rolleyes::worried::read::search::idea: :dremel: :clap:

11. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

12. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

Hi everybody
    first I wanna apologise for this stupid and rude sentence about my project, it was a bad day where all gone wrong for me...forgive me...I understand that project logs without pics cannot be interesting, so I'll consider that from now....a lot of pics and less bla-bla...lol
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm working actually on the case design, and after discovering the dominator platinium airflow fan, it suggest me the idea for the front of the case...I'm far to be satisfied of this, but this is a beginning...

13. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

Yesterday, I received a huge pack from my onlineshop, it was the first piece of harware, the Asrock motherboard.
    [​IMG]

as it can be guessed on that horrible quality pic, of the Asrock soundblaster card, the brand logo and Extreme ,x79 are gold and not yellow like you can see on net pics of the motherboard...

[​IMG]

it suggest me two things:
    1- there must be some gold points on the mod
    2-I must buy a new camera to make descent pictures

14. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Interesting case design.. It's almost like a Air 540, but cut in half and stretched out from the front/top :) I'd second the point in needing a new camera! :p Especially one that focuses well :hehe:

15. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

yep... you're right Impatience...it's almost like a air 540 and I must say that this corsair case, is a very original and pretty case, and it's design was my first inspiration, becuz I want three 140 fans on the front of the case to cool the hard drives, and I want also the space for a 280 radiator on the top. but if the idea of the second room for all stuff and wires behind the motherboard tray is very intersting, I find the 540 too large and I don't want any 5.25 case bays visible on the front.

16. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

something like this on the top
    [​IMG]

17. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

I was first thinking of a DVD slot-in but I also thought of a normal DVD hidden behind the biaising portion of the front like this
    [​IMG]

18. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

I'v deleted the draw of the case top by mistake...so the pic vanished, here it is again
    [​IMG]

19. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

hello everybody
    As the quality of my pics was so low, I had the idea of using my webcam to picture before I buy a new camera...the result is much better than my numeric low cost camera...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. aksys

aksys What's a Dremel?

My only deception is about the sound blaster card...you can may be see on the first pic that the aluminium sheet of the design is is badly stuck and the corner lifts up itself...its nothing but it's sad for a 400 euros Mobo...