1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Help: a whole lot of weird

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Horizon, 15 Oct 2008.

1. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Well, I've had my computer for a couple weeks now and out the gate i was able oc the cpu 3.0Ghz without touching the voltages. So after a little while I decided to push it a little more and got it stable at ~3.2GHz(230 x 14)@1.4 volts, and then i got greedy and and tried to push it past 3.4Ghz (which is where everyone with a phenom seems to settle at) but the comp locked up at the windows logo, and refused to boot past the splash screen or even go into the BIOS. I hit the reset CMOS switch and decided that 3.2 was good enough, but it' not happening it has become the new promised land, it's like a punishment i made it there once and will never again. The simple 3.0Ghz, a small multiplier bump, won't happen unless I up the volts to at least 1.3v and crashes only when i'm tracking in hi-def video, solid otherwise. Cool and quiet doesn't seem to work anymore either it feels like i'm sitting next to a space heater. Anyone have an idea what got cooked?

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Try 3.2Ghz again.

3. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

i did and it blue screens at the welcome logo(vista) every time.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds like you messed up your Vista install to me... Try running @3.2GHz then testing with a DOS-based stress-tool.

Otherwise it could be anything really, I'd try the usual barrage of memtest86+ tbh. :thumb:

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Just got my new DFI 790FXB and I can't even get mine to boot into vista at 3.2Ghz at all.

Check your bios, make sure stuff like ACC is enabled and disable the "extreme tweaking" or whatever it's called.

Tags: