1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 5 Jun 2012.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

unimpressed so far.

2. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

get back on battlefield, we're missing you on mumble. There's nobody as excitable.

3. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Crysis 2 with a bow.

The whole "choose your path" thing sealed it for me. The fact that you can choose from three different paths makes no difference, it's still linear gameplay if you're not the one who's able to experiment and dictate exactly how you want to deal with a situation.

4. bagman

bagman Minimodder

I am on my way.

I don't think it looks to bad tbh.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

it could be a graphical representation attempting to depict freedom in a minute long trailer but i need to see more, will i pick it up? dont know tbh.

6. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

Why and how can the player use a full sized bow/arrow inside a narrow vent-duct? It obviously wouldnt be possible or fit.

I wish that surrounding environment would act to limit certain weapons/methods.

For example:
    Narrow ducts or spaces should stop users equipping a bow, rocket launcher or assault rifle (restricting to hands only, or pistols)

Water could make some guns temporarily break if you equip them in wet- areas or under-water. A drying time could be introduced before they work again.

Stuff like that...it brings a touch of metal gear solid into it IMO, adds realism and REALLY makes people think about what "path" they want to chose based on what weapons could be suitable for the terrain and environment.

7. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I suspect it might be a bit closer to Crysis, but still limited. I now see it being one start point, one finish point, one big square filled with guns, enemies and explosives between. Invisible walls 'r us to stop you from going too far.

I'm getting far to pessimistic.

Admittedly; The Bow and Arrow looks good for Novelty, but against Armour? Jog right on. Unless he's having to use the full-force of strength mode to even pull back that string; it's not going to do jack against most stuff, plus the arrows would have to be so monumentally beefed up you'd need a 105mm cannon to get them moving anywhere.

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

You idiots. We don't want a path, we want to make our own.

9. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

perhaps one of the things that depresses me the most is when i see Crysis 2 and 3 and think to myself...

"if those games were designed for the pc like the first then just imagine how improved they would be on a visual and technical scale"

Anything past Warhead makes me a SadPanda.

10. .//TuNdRa

I suspect that was just "Ohey look! We have all these different routes!" then dumb it down to three so the misjointed, idiotic console masses can also understand it. I'm hoping there'll be more than just three routes to each section. And that we don't have those stupid lockouts where it goes "HERE IS A NEW FEATURE. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MOVE UNTIL I SAY SO. NOW USE IT. USE IT HARD." then giving you control back after you feel thoroughly violated.

11. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

The reason why the devs throw these limited games at us is, that we're still buying the crap they offer, simple as that. And this goes for PC and consoles alike.

Vote with your wallet I say and show them that we don't want those crap games anymore.

I'm waiting for Borderlands 2 to get my FPS-fix. And it doesn't even need bleeding-edge graphics to satisfy me, but offers fun gameplay instead :D

12. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

Maximum yawn.

I wish that would happen but I don't think it ever will. EA will just pay everyone off and when a game gets hyped like crazy with full screen ads over every website for 9 months prior to release, and every review gives it 110% because it's so awesome and perfect (like Skyrim), and it also happens to have some of the best graphics you can get - then it's going to be a big hit no matter how boring the gameplay really is.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ok, someone just dropped this into my inbox, certainly looks impressive and if thats not a bullshot and an accurate representation of the scale of the environment then it could be good. my only concern is the suit, nanosuit 2 was about as agile as a blamange.

[​IMG]

14. .//TuNdRa

Certainly impressive graphics. I wonder if we'll have DX11 out of the box that doesn't look like ass?

Sadly I don't think we're going to return to the awesome of Nanosuit 1.0, perhaps 2.5 might fix things, but I suspect it'll still be the same screwed up system. At least put armour mode back in as the default, please, Crytek, rather than forcing us to run around with basically no defence most of the time.

15. bagman

bagman Minimodder

That does look very impressive. I just hope they give the illusion of it being a sandbox game like the first one. That was the biggest problem for me in crysis 2. Also new nano suit please. For me the nano suit needs to be very similar to the first one but only 3 settings. Armour, stealth and strength (strength including speed).

Last edited: 5 Jun 2012
  16. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I knew this day would come. This is just the best linear scripted open-sandbox game ever. Linear games will never be the same again now you can choose one of 3 paths. I wonder what will happen if I go through the entire game choosing only path 1?

If I can get through it all on path 1 I might replay it choosing only path 3.

F*ck path 2.

17. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Crysis 2 was sh*te, this had better be better! :)

18. feathers

feathers Minimodder

You can sort the *******s out if it isn't.

19. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Is that cockney guy supposed to be Psycho? Sounds nothing like him if it is...

20. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

Love the graphics and the setting. But Crysis 2 was so boring :\