1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Advice for a n00b

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by legoman, 25 Jan 2012.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Looking to add some wet stuff to my system in the nex month or so to quieten it down mainly.

Case is a Lancool K62 which has 2x140mm fans in the roof a 120mm exhaust and 140mm intake.
    Initially i was looking to just do the CPU but now im tempted to add the GPU into the loop as well.

my CPU is an AMD 960BE with 6 cores at a max daily clock of 3.8Ghz. I use C&Q as i dont need all the power all the time so idle is around 26C load 55C with ambient of 18C.
    GPU is a AMD 6950 2GB. This is the ASUS Direct CU one so its more similar to a 6970 in board spec

Can someone advise me on rads to cool both in my loop? im confused on cooling capacities etc of these
    The only constraint is have is the roof rad would need to be a slimline one like the GT Stealth so it sits flush in the roof space with fans Bar that im pretty flexible as to what ill fit. I just dont know cooling capacities of radiators and the like. Any advice?

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Monsta 360 gets good reviews

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Regarding your 6950 - as its the direct CU version which has a different PCB layout, I'm not sure youll be able find a waterblock that'll fit it.

4. zulu9812

zulu9812 What's a Dremel?

Yep, I ran that card through EK's compatibility configurator and they don't do a water block for that card. I'm not sure anyone else does either. And, to be honest, a big reason to buy that card in the first place is the monster air cooler on it.

5. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Edit: retract as is far too big for you.

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Derp = 9000

:p

Have a read through my thread (link in sig) as its great for people starting out

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Thanks for that parge, didnt realise they had one! So looks like ill just be doing the CPU in the loop. Rad wise its going to be a GT stealth 280mm. Block wise im going to use an EK Supreme. Only snag is the pump and res. I was looking to use a single bay res with something like a 200Lph pump. Would that give enough pressure or should I go up to a 400?