1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress MODS BY BJÖRN - GLASER

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Nizr, 5 Sep 2016.

1. Nizr

Nizr What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Finally time for another project! You could say that I've been slacking, but after computex and the Inwin 24h modding competition where i met legends from the modding scene, my second daughter was born. So i've been busy not sleeping...

I went under the name "Nizr custom computers" but since I will do other things then modding i wanted to broden the name and "brand" if you will. This project and the ones to follow will be named after places and things from the Norse mythology - since I'm from Sweden and all ;)

GLASER - Big tree with golden leafs that stands outside the gates of Valhalla. The name means 'The shiny'.

A big thank you to my sponsors!
    [​IMG]

This project will be built in an Inwin 901, this build will be a tribute to "oldschool" modding - long before I started modding. You will see a lot of PCB, copper and sleeving WITH heatshrink, the build will be water cooled to some extent.
    You will not see any major re-builds or crazy mods, I won't turn this computer to "my little pony" or similar, this will be a modded PC that is beautiful to look at.

Welcome!

2. Nizr

Nizr What's a Dremel?

Part 1
    Cut it up - remove everything that i dont need.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I unscrewed everything and drilled out the rivets. There's probably 100 different ways to remove rivets - I drill.

[​IMG]
    Sawed off all the parts i didn't want and filed the edges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Preparing to paint the chassis, I first sand all the cut edges and then sand the whole frame quickly before i wash it and then dry it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Before i painted the frame i put it back together. This time i used rivets, quick and easy. I prefer screws but I had problem finding the correct dimension and I didn't want to order screws.
    I'll screw the custom panels, reservoir, pump etc instead.

3. Kojack51

Kojack51 What's a Dremel?

Nice to see some modding on this case. My last PC is getting on and i saw this case has been reduced so couldn't resist. Such a nice clean looking case. I am currently trying to fit all my water cooling in so cutting has also commenced. Keep the updates coming.

4. Quantum-192

Quantum-192 What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to this one - nice to see someone going old school :thumb: