1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wii U games announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Jun 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

Pikmin 3! It's about bloody time.

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Want want want want want want.

4. alialias

alialias What's a Dremel?

battle mii? hahaha yesss!

5. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

See this is what has been pissing me off ever since I watched the nintendo conference, all I've seen is that this'll be a console for kids not for so called "hardcore gamers" yet look at that list! Does that seriously look like a games list for a so called "kids console"? No it doesn't, so I'd appreciate all 360/PS3 users that refer to the Wii U as a kids console to go die.

That may seem very harsh but I'm sick of the people that slag off Nintendo when they never watched the conference so they don't know the first thing about Nintendo's target market for this generation or even what games are being released *sigh*

6. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

+1!

7. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

You're right, asking for those people to "Go die" is a very harsh thing to say.

I would tell them to hold off slagging it just yet but hey, apples, oranges.

8. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Uh... if you're part of the hardcore audience, don't you already have a PS3/360/PC that can already play all of the adult games on that list THIS year instead of waiting until the 2nd half of 2012? The only 3rd party exclusive Nintendo announced has been a Lego game. So yes, clearly this is the system that isn't the most kiddie.

9. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

First of all I hate that phrase hardcore gamer, because what does it actually mean? Is someone who plays zelda and mario not considered the same as someone who plays gears of war and call of duty games? Why is that? Do you need games that are full of swearing and games with blood and gore constantly from when you turn the game on to make you "hardcore"? Or is it down to hours spent playing? According to steam I've spent 103 hours playtime in the past 2 weeks yet I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer, I consider myself a gamer that plays games that I enjoy and not based on whether they're designed for "casual" "hardcore" or "children" gamers.

Second of all I will play the games on the list that get released on the PC on my PC because it is my preferred platform. What I play the games on however is nothing to do with the point I'm making. Not even 24 hours have passed since the announcement of the games and the actual console and yet scattered across gaming websites and youtube comments and many other places are people instantly jumping on the hate Nintendo bandwagon saying it's for children. And as for exclusives the consoles specification haven't even been finalised so we're better off waiting till E3 next for the full rundown of what to expect from the console.

10. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I understand the contention around the word hardcore gamer and wouldn't have used it myself except for the fact that I was replying to a statement which it was in. But I digress. I actually agree with you for the most part but am just playing devils advocate. If you want a console for your children, you are still going to buy Nintendo because all of their 1st party stuff is appropriate for that audience. Let that sink in. ALL of their 1st party games are good for kids. It doesn't matter if some multiplatform ultra violent shooter comes out as well, the system with the most kiddie content will be labelled kiddie. It's just human nature, and to expect a different reaction from the general population is a bit silly.

11. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

But if it has something for everyone which is the feeling Nintendo is giving off then it shouldn't be labelled as a kiddie console, it should be labelled as a console that has universal interest. Worst of all judging a console and labelling it before it's even released, before it's even in mass production is just plain wrong. Sometimes I feel like I live in a world of complete idiots. Although saying that there's a reason I haven't missed xbox live since I stopped subscribing, it's probably to do with the people that use it >.<

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Gotta admit, thats one hell of a line up :)

13. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

The Aliens:Colonial Marines would be good. The handheld thingy would have the motion tracker bleeping at you so you looked down you end up with an Alien trying to kill you in HD!

14. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Ubisoft shooter......my money is on far cry 3

15. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

Ubi did say that they were developing Beyond Good And Evil 2 for next-gen consoles...

16. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Where are all the Nintendo franchises? I see no Zelda, Metroid, Mario etc. I hope they manage to get at least one game ready for launch. :)

17. toolio20

toolio20 What's a Dremel?

You haven't been gaming long, have you? Or did you just go all amnesiac and conveniently forget the family-friendly label is one that Nintendo has actively pursued for DECADES?

From the infamous Seal of Approval shenanigans to Mortal Monday and beyond, with their meteoric ascendency in the 80's Nintendo tried to maintain a stranglehold on content for their systems (a strategy which ultimately failed due to the evolving tastes of the gaming market). So for veteran gamers, Nintendo will ALWAYS be the "kiddie console," regardless if they have Duke Nukem sodomizing a bevy of supple teen wenches while the player's Mii nods approvingly in the background on their next console or not. Its all about reputation, not content, and for every you who thinks it unfair there's unquestionably several of my ilk who could not possibly care less because they know Nintendo worked to make it this way (I'm still salty they censored out the Nazis in Bionic Commando and Rocket Ranger).

You might as well ask why Disney is labelled as "kiddie"...

18. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I've been gaming since the Nintendo 64 and I know it's what nintendo have pursued. My point is they're trying to make an effort to appeal to the gamers that would instantly discount Nintendo due to thinking they're too "kiddie". Surely that deserves some respect for people to wait before judging instead jumping on the hate nintendo campaign?

19. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

This controller is clearly designed to make 360 and PS3 games easier to port over, the number and layout of buttons makes that fairly obvious. They've realised the wiimote isn't what people want to develop for, and, in my own experience, is just awkward for FPS's, the real money makers. The Wii U is their 'keep up' console, which can meet the 360 and PS3 core capabilities, but has its own minor innovations, and also the uniqueness of Wii. Wii U will have more adult games, cause its actually been designed around them, rather than assumed they'd adapt, like with the wii. Hopefully it will be marketed appropriately.

20. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

Funny how Nintendo likes to self-apply the family friendly label and makes everyone forget that the Wii is the only current-gen console (if you think of them that way) on which you can play (indeed, act out) Manhunt 2, not counting hand-helds or the PC. Considering all the flak Sega took over Night Trap, allowing Manhunt 2 to eventually make it's way into the market after all the controversy it caused was very brave of Nintendo.

Tags: Add Tags