1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant The Emirates terminal sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by Jumeira_Johnny, 16 Sep 2009.

1. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

If anyone one cares, the new Emirates terminal in Dubai looks nice, but is a organizational disaster! Be ready to ask 500 people how to find the exit, and heaven help you if you need to find a toilet in working order! Also, be sure to bring a jumper, since the AC is set to global warming.

And, there isn't a single bar open at 2:40am, but that isn't a surprise. The upside is that they have charging stations for your laptop. not quite a frosty beer, but enough to prevent open tears.

2. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Exactly why i dont fly via dubai any more. That and its a nightmare to get through immigration unless you have the magic e-gate card!

also remember its Ramadam has just finished and Eid just started. So you were highly unlikely to get beer at all.

I assume the Irish bar is still there in terminal 1 or was it two... its been a while and flying from gate 13 means i never got to go to the bar :( (gate 13 = helicopters)

3. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Hehe try the old terminal in Abu Dhabi! Cash machine? Down the stairs through the tunnel (goes to car park :lol:) Toilets? Down the stairs through the tunnel. (Both are situated up some stairs by the dinosaur in a very nicely done yet unused floor).

Also the shop in the new Etihad terminal doesn't sell TimeOut Abu Dhabi?! Only TO Dubai :p