1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro helm new Silent Hill

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 13 Aug 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. toolio20

toolio20 What's a Dremel?

"Kojima went on record as saying that he was keen to work on a Silent Hill game and claimed he would be a good fit for the franchise."

The only thing Hideous Kojima would be a good fit for is a trash compactor - he is grossly, disgustingly, impossibly overrated, as his writing/storytelling/plotting, if given form, would resemble that kid with the glasses from Smokin' Aces. The only thing saving him is the technical prowess of the folks who work in his studio, who seem very talented at wringing the best possible performance out of console hardware. That, and the fact enough gamer winners are stupid enough to pony up money for a Jack Bauer demo set in the same "intense" and "deep" universe as Paz-my-name-means-peace-OMFG-me-Kazuhira-I'm-peace-too-WTF-Peace-Walker-OK-my-face-just-melted-with-awesome.

Despite my disdain...nay, loathing for this immature pretentious hack, I'll keep an open mind about any new stab at trying to produce a decent Silent Hill game (which shouldn't be too hard - this series has absolutely nowhere to go but up) - it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised. That said, "Silent Hills" isn't exactly a promising start...

3. Hanoken

Hanoken O.O

so damn true, im not even sure why there is so much fan base for this guy, I mean literally everyone goes crazy when they see stuff made by him

4. dstarr3

dstarr3 What's a Dremel?

This just in: Hideo Kojima is made of carbon atoms.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The idea that one single guy has much of an influence over a multi million project is laughable at best anyway, anyone who ever worked in a slightly larger company will know that one person won't even be allowed to change the toilet paper in the office without it being approved by the seven circles of hell ehh some committee made up of a whole bunch of other people first.

6. toolio20

toolio20 What's a Dremel?

Uhhm, I'll admit this is conjecture, but logic suggests one guy was responsible for the Not-Chris-Tucker+cigarette-smoking-metal-bikini-clad-hairless-monkey abomination that was MGS4, and that his name is Hideous Kojima...

7. Hanoken

Hanoken O.O

Guess I do suck at making a sarcastic statement, what I was trying to make him realized was how many people liked his work compared to his one statement about hideo

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

You all better stop talking smack about our lord and saviour!