1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd 9800gx2 kaput

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by brooksy, 3 Mar 2010.

1. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

My second 9800gx2 has died any body had any joy making one good one out of two? Mike

2. Bork_Bork

Bork_Bork What's a Dremel?

Has one of the GPUs disappeared? Mine did this, I didn't bother to reseat as I assumed it was dead but I tried on Tuesday and it is alive again. It will soon be moving to a much cooler home.

3. Bork_Bork

The resurection was short lived, after constant EUEing I reinstalled the drivers and it has disappeared again.

Do you have 2 cards that have failed on opposite sides? I've read that the side with the PCI-E connector is is usually the one that fails.

4. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

The alternate GPUs on two of my GTX 295s keeps EUEing too. i.e. GPU 0 + 1 will folding happily for days, but 2 + 3 will nearly always EUE part way through a WU.

Damn Nvidia, and its ECC-less memory controllers and poor quality control :wallbash:

5. Bork_Bork

Faulty GXs seem to go for quite a bit on ebay, especially ones where the card works but has lines across the display.

6. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

One just got low points with the odd EUE then started being recognised as a 8800gt? the other started giving me bsod. The odd thing is that when I swapped a gt250 into one of the slots it started giving EUEs, when it was fine in another PC. Faulty PCI Express slot? The output on the cards was fine. When I have more time I will have another swap around. Mike:wallbash:

7. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

Talking of memory i had one card start giving EUEs then bsod which gave the message of a memory problem, I removed two sticks of memory and it ran ok again. Mike:wallbash:

8. paddi70

paddi70 What's a Dremel?

Help,

Both my Gx2 were producibng the goods last week. But now after running for about 15-20 mins the screen freezes.

All 4 are detected on FahMON, and Evga percision tool at stratup. Is this heat issue? or something more sinister? :eyebrow: