1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Worst Game You Own

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LeMaltor, 20 Oct 2011.

1. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I've binned one or two titles and just don't play some others, what do you wish you had never bought? :eyebrow:

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

LA Noire

One utter load of pish

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Far cry 2, seeing as I'm limited to just one.

4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Bioshock.

Got it half-price in some Steam sale a few months after it came out. Played it, finished it, hated it, uninstalled it.

It remains the only game in my Steam collection which I have deliberately uninstalled to reclaim the space it consumed.

5. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

How can you say that....I'm extremely perplexed...:sigh:

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

7. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Recently, RAGE. Truthfully I had more fun playing the apple app version!

Simply find it hard to get this game. It just doesn't feel right from the get go even taking away all the texture pop.

8. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I've played a lot of bad games in my time. The most recent game I wish I hadn't bought is Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010). How the f*** did that game win any awards and recieve so many excellent reviews? (not from BT though) I don't mind an arcade racer being an arcade racer but there needs to be some sort of challenge. This game requires no skill whatsoever to win races. Just keep throttle down the whole race, press hand brake now and then, and then you win by miles. Laggy pos multiplayer isn't worth bothering with either.
    Worst £10 i've spent on a game.

9. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

I have a few, Jericho, TimeShift, stalker clear sky

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus. It's now a coaster.

11. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Hmmm. Maybe Black Ops or Starsky and Hutch. They were both fun for ~10 mins, and have alright multiplayer, but otherwise were pretty abysmal.

12. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I won't get into a massive rant about Bioshock here, I've done so enough elsewhere around the forum; but it essentially comes down to the fact that I found Bioshock to be a shallow, pretentious game that thought it was smarter and deeper than it was; as well as being an insult to fans of the System Shock games which Levine and co. claimed Bioshock was a spiritual successor to.

There were elements of the game that I disliked as a matter of taste (the art deco styling/setting, for instance) but those were things I could overlook.
    The severe dumbing-down of the game into brainless shooter territory, the repetitive & unbalanced gameplay, the predictable plot (which was worsened by being a copy/paste of SS2 in many ways and thus even more predictable), the weak voice-acting and some other facets contributed more to my negative opinion.

The one thing that irked me most about Bioshock though was that the press waxed lyrical so often about how deep and paradigm-changing the game's plot was and how significant the player's decisions were; as if it were some sort of philosophical masterpiece.
    Instead, the player gets to choose to harvest or save little girls while weighing up the gameplay benefits of one or the other in a cheap, hamfisted, shallow way that really broke no more new ground than choosing to shoot or save the scientists in Half-Life 9 years earlier.

Hell, I could think of a list of games that threw more difficult, interesting and significant decisions at players than Bioshock did; many of them a lot older and much more groundbreaking.

Oh and after all that, the game ended with a boss like something out of a beat em up from the 90's.

Well, I ranted after all. But it wasn't a massive rant. :p

It's interesting to think that my complaint about 'decisions' could be levelled just as validly at the more recent DXHR; but at least I enjoyed most of the rest of DXHR; whereas Bioshock just irked me from start to finish.

13. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Bioshock was one of the games I binned, along with Far Cry 2.

14. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I played Bioshock on a friends computer a few months back, with all the good things I've heard about it, I was expecting a lot. Needless to say I wasn't that impressed by anything.

15. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I bought a Command and Conquer box set last year, having never played any of them. Spent more time installing it than I ever will playing it.

16. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

Haven't played SS2 so maybe thats the reason. Maybe if I'd played SS2 first and then Bioshock the story would be different...

The games I've binned so far this year that I tried are Rise of Immortals MMO and Irongrip: Warlord. Tbh the only reason I tried them were cos they were steam offers. ROI wasn't too bad but after one playthrough of a battle you had basically seen all the game could offer. Still can;t believe it took me 4 hours to realise it wasn't worth it. Iron Grip I spent about 5 minutes in game before I binned though I may have a second go at it on easier level.

I generally though only ever buy games I know I will play...so generally most games I play I'll finish through and have fun with....some more than others, and some I never touch again.

17. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Ditto, waste of £15.

18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Brink is probably the biggest waste of money I've spent on a video game. It looked promising, a lot of my friends were pre-ordering it, so I pre-ordered as well. Played a couple of hours hating every minute of it. Complete waste of $50, last time I pre-order a game without knowing for sure that it'll be good.

Left for Dead 2 is another game that I despise. I've got a whopping two hours played according to Steam. That's a whole 1/7th of the meager 14 hours I put into L4D1, a game I also loath. Why, then did I buy it? I didn't. It was gifted to me, thankfully.

Bioshock is a game that I can't remember if I was gifted it or bought it on a great sale. I started it up, got about 30 minutes in and got bored. Complete lack of interest, the graphics were no longer stunning at the time of playing, the art deco style is something I've never cared for, and nothing about the story made me want to keep playing to learn more (or, more accurately, anything).

Crysis would have been another waste if it weren't for Steam sales. Got a few levels in, decided that was enough. Enemies had confusingly large amounts of health for basic humans, the regening shield made everything "hide behind a rock then repeat", the nanosuit sci-fi didn't interest me, the characters were stereotypical and boring, and the story... I don't even remember what it was. I'm sat here trying to remember why a bunch of guys in nanosuits ended up in Korea but I just don't remember because it was so uninteresting.

The recently aquired Train Simulator 2012 is pretty dire, but again it was free so it doesn't really count. Barely made it through the basic starting missions and even then the experience was only tolerable by taking the piss out of it the whole time. Set the regulator to 100%, the reverser to 0% and the brakes to 0%, let your engine rev up to the red line then slam the reverser to 100%. Hold on to your seat as you accelerate from 0 to 60 in an earth-shattering 30 seconds! At least now I can say that I've actually played it and any criticism is from first hand experience.

19. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Command and Conquer 4.

I actually returned it to Amazon as being unfit for purpose. EA claimed it was a computer game, when actually it was a turd in a box.

20. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Need for speed pro street was toilet.