1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use vista 64-bit for folding

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by chin913, 13 Jul 2009.

1. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Well hi guys been having a wee few probs with my folding setups I have 1 dedicated pc for folding which is on xp and will stay on that my other 2 machines which I aslo fold on run like pigs when I try 2 do any other thing like open web pages and stuff.So I have installed vista 64 bit on 2 of them one for me and the other 2 keep the misses happy as she like her face book . I do run 1 gpu client and 3 other cpu clients on them .. they are both quad cores 1 q6600 with a 285 and one q6700 9800 gt both have 4 gig of memory ..Now its all set up and folding after 2 day hence my low ppd,folding is running 1 gpu client and 3 cpu clients all console ones and the pcs are flying whilst folding..Not sure how my ppd will be but just wondered what experiance any one else has had ty :)

2. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Hi Chin, Yes I am using Vista 64 bit with 1 gpu and 1 cpu at present running 10k on average, no real problems at present, has been running continuously since the chimp challenge started.folding as Exiled :thumb:

3. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Well hi there 2 Taffy 1 gpu and one cpu what card u ruuning for that as on this one I have a 9800 gt xfx xxx 512 meg on this 3 cpu clients and I am only getting around 5291.ppd but I am using the pc @ present for other things ..My other rig has the 285 and 3 cpu clients and that is getting around 9000 a day ...heheh silly me my ps3 is of now aswell as i have been trying for 3 days 2 get it on line only 2 discover I have been puting in the wrong wep key silly me ...I am sure that will b back on in the next few days :duh:

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

All my gpu rigs run Vista 64.
    SMP only rigs run either ESXi or XP Pro.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

For now only XP for me, although when I get the farm set up in the rack I hope to (with the careful guidance of Clive) start foldig on Unix.

6. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

I run SMP and GPUs on Win XP Home (32 bit)

7. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Hi Chin, I am running a single Nvidia GTX 275 at present but hope to double this soon

8. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

The nvida cards certanly do fold well wish I could get more running here I do have a another 8800 in a cuboard gathering dust and more motherboads and cpu's but were does it end . To be honest I dont think I have anymore sockets I could plug any more pc's into without killing my fuse box in the house . Besides its hard trying 2 fold when I have games to play on this makes me kinda feel guilty when I turn folding off 2 play them.......:brrr: