1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays ATi Theater Mode in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Nicho133, 29 Jul 2010.

1. Nicho133

Nicho133 What's a Dremel?

Hey, can anyone get ATi Theater Mode to work in Windows 7? This has always worked for me in XP. I am in Extended Desktop Mode and Theater Mode is set to full screen, but when I open a video it will just display the video on the Primary Display and it won't show the same video in the Secondary Display, it just shows the Extended Desktop. I have tried several media players but I have had no luck. This has always worked in Windows XP.
    I have been following every driver update since 9.12, and now I have the 10.7 drivers installed.

Thanks for anyones help.

2. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

3. Nicho133

Nicho133 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the help riekmaharg2, I had a look at that guide and there was alot of steps involved, so instead I just tried setting VLC player to Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and now Theater Mode works. I should have tried that to begin with lol.

4. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Lol, yeah its annoying when you spend ages trying to solve a problem, and the solution was in fact incredibley simple.