1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Grimelegant

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by shuhong90, 26 Nov 2012.

1. shuhong90

shuhong90 What's a Dremel?

Introduction

After a few projects, from corsair 800D to Lian Li-A05NB, to Silverstone TJ 07 murdermod style

and finally to bitfenix prodigy, and honestly I am not that contented. And since my family

member require a small pc for home theater, i figure i could strip down my prodigy (WHITE

MINI), and build a new one for myself and giving it the itx to my family. I had always start

modding internally from a case, this time will be slightly different. A full aluminium case will be

It was my dream case since the moment i was in love in pc modding, but is not brave enough

to stumble on that region. Well now i would be giving it a try, hopefully the result will turn out

great in my and your perspective. Since i had an extra motherboard lying around, might as well

use that one, and in the process of thinking to do some modification to the motherboard as

well, however, that will only be slight modification. This project however, will be a long term

project, as lots of modification is needed, thus, i would prefer not to rush things over. And

another reason of setting this as a longer term project is due to insufficient of fund, unless

there are sponsors :p. So here end my introduction.

2. shuhong90

First picture of the case ~~~

[​IMG]

Phew, finally squeezed some time for a few photos =) Got myself a cheapo cooler master

casing. elite 430. Well i got it quite cheap.

[​IMG]

Then, I start tearing apart.

[​IMG]

Got this

[​IMG]

The rest of the case parts of course will be utilized to the fullest, except the front panel that is.

3. shuhong90

ok, it took me more than a week or 2 to completely disassemble the whole thing, was too lazy,

sluggish :p basically its powermac G5 is divided into inner and outer cage. a quick snap shot of

inner cage,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did soome work over the weekend, some cutting in fact. This stage now focus on creating a

custom back plate. The goal here is to achieve a seamless backplate design. Taking out

whatever tools i have:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cutting commencing.

[​IMG]

Result.

[​IMG]

Whatever work left after the cut is filing, which will be done later. Next stage will focus on

creating a backplate and mounting. :D I'm taking my sweet time, going slow and steady,

cheers.:rock:

4. shuhong90

Finished some rough filing on the inner case of power mac G5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The aim of this stage is to mount the back panel roughly this way:

[​IMG]

Did some measurement and sample cut out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actual aluminium plate cut out and took long long time for filing and trimming down to ensure tight fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]