1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 8 EXTREMELY long boot issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by SvAcAde, 19 Feb 2013.

1. SvAcAde

SvAcAde What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, i was wondering if someone could shed some light on an issue i am having with Windows 8.

First of all, i unfortunatly had to re-purchase a copy of Windows 7 64bit but i was unable to buy one in my local computer store. The only thing they were offering was a Windows 8 upgrade disk which was £45. I thought id give it ago.....

Since it was an upgrade disk i was required to install my old copy of Vista which i didn't realize was 32bit. I checked around on the net and apparently you can actually format and install from an upgrade disk blah blah blah aslong as you have a copy of windows already installed. So i whacked in the 64bit upgrade disk and gave it ago. It worked fine for about 3 weeks.

All of a sudden Windows took 30 minutes to boot and ran extremely slow, but the next morning it was fine. no problems what so ever. But today the same problem has occurred. I just cant seem to load anything up once booted due to horrendous sluggish performance.

Before i restarted my computer i noticed alot of programs where randomly crashing upon load. Im hoping this is not a hardware issue and is infact a recurring problem with Windows 8. If anyone has heard of or encountered anyone with this type of issue before then please let me know.

2. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Run Memtest, if you're getting errors/crashes. As for the slow speed, I would begin by seeing if the issue exists in safe mode first, which will tell you if it's a software problem in many cases.

This thread needs to be in the tech support subforum, might not get much attention in here!