1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Culance article

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by moose, 14 Aug 2003.

1. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

http://bit-tech.net/article/113

In his own words: Macroman converts a watercooled beast into, well, a different water cooled beast...

.. and in my words: You followed the project log. You might have even tried to make a teeshirt. Now you can read the article. Macro takes you through step by step, converting this ugly ducking into a swan.. okay, a very modded, very industrial swan.

Don't know your project log from a yule log? Have a read of the article anyway - and then check out the project log forum to see what it's all about.

Comments, suggestions.. bribes? Post them up here, I'm sure Macro will be along shortly :)

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I'm not a little bird!

3. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

You're just here for the yule log! ;)

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Top top work as usual! :thumb:

Good job!

I know you had todo it within some constraints you explained in the first page, but id move the top rad setup somewhere else perhaps cause i really dont like it there. :eek:

5. trifin

trifin What's a Dremel?

really nice work...

i like the that it was produced on a budget - should give inspiration to many :)

(i do like the chrome version alot btw)

6. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

very well done on that. looks so much better than the original, and considering I dont like those cases either its plain amazing

7. Mat-d-Rat

Mat-d-Rat Drive it to the edge baby

Nice one, I prefer the chromed as well...

8. Dredog

Dredog What's a Dremel?

Great job!!! However, I also prefer the chrome look. It's kinda hard to tell from the pictures but it doesn't seem like you got a smooth finish w/ the vinyl paint. Is it just me or does it have a texture to it?

9. codeflux

codeflux What's a Dremel?

please please please go with chrome - that copper/gold look is so out of place! awesome work - i was watching that project in the forums as you were working on it and i'm glad you've written this article up. great job! :)

10. Guest-2808

Guest-2808 Guest

Nice work, it looks really nice! Some good pictures and info on technique too, thanks.

A couple of questions - how long did it take and what do you estimate was the overall cost of the mods?

MoJo

11. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Very nice article, I enjoyed the project log whilest it was happening, and I enjoyed the article just as much...

I never realy did like the copper tubing, but that is just my personal tastes. Still an awesome case :thumb:

12. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

Sweet Job. The the blue fan contol is so stunning yet looks simple to make. I may have ago at doing something similar if i can be arsed.

13. Miku

Miku What's a Dremel?

I like the copper much- much more. Awesome case:jawdrop: :clap:

14. Mutton

Mutton What's a Dremel?

Very Very nice.

I think the copper clashes with the brushed steel though.
    IMO either use the chrome pipes or stain the silver bits to match the copper. Preferably the latter.

Im sure it took a lot of time and effort and it certainly shows in the quality of it all.

15. Guest-2808

Guest-2808 Guest

Hmm... it says "discussion" but I don't see much of that. Perhaps it's time for a "mindless congratulations" forum, like on the XBox ctrl site? :D

MoJo

16. trifin

trifin What's a Dremel?

lol ... fair comment but be careful there are some round here who don't take kindly to discussions...:p

17. fev

fev Industry Fallout

it can be safely said that is an amazing case :dremel:
    I'm starting up my own wee lil project in the up coming week.. after thursday's GCSE results at least :geek:

18. mod-ern man

mod-ern man What's a Dremel?

Terrific job as usual macro, although I prefer the chrome tubes. And btw, has anyone found a product that will actually strip the paint from steel cases????? what process do these guys use anyway???

Cheers

19. fev

fev Industry Fallout

normal paint stripper does the job :p i use a heat gun as well.. speeds up the process a bit..

20. mod-ern man

mod-ern man What's a Dremel?

I have an Aopen HX08, and have had no luck stripping with a couple brands of differet paint strippers, acetone, or laquer thinner. None of the above causes any reaction, even over long periods of time. (though the case is really clean now) Any chemists out there who could suggest a home brew chemical cocktail?

Tags: Add Tags