1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Antec 900 and Dust Filters.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Siberdine, 14 Aug 2010.

1. Siberdine

Siberdine Safety Not Guaranteed.

I'm wondering which Dust Filters to buy and where I should get them from, since I can't buy them from Scan, Yoyotech, Overclockers, or Novatech, since they all don't seem to supply them, or they're out of stock for 120mm ones. Has anyone installed Dust Filters on an Antec 900? Which dust filters do people buy for cases without dust filters?

I was thinking something along the lines of a dust filter which is attached using magnets, but they're tough to find, and nobody seems to use them.

I don't really like the fact that most dust filters use foam, since it's really noticeable and looks ugly. Mesh seems like a better idea. I'd still prefer to have a clean computer using foam dust filters than one without any, though. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance.

2. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I've had a few roommates since I got my antec 900. Most are clean but some have had dogs and I find that the pc got dust in it a lot faster when that was the case.

My solution...

fabric/bounce sheets. They look ugly. but they work. And the make the room smell nice for a while as an added bonus!

3. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

KustomPCs is your best friend here, great shop if you like your modding bits: http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2776.html

However, they're quite expensive. There are numerous cheaper options around, including ones on there.

Or if you're really on a budget, stockings will work...you just have to be careful where you source them from...

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

What you want is some tight weave modeling mesh and stocking/tights. I use this on my HAF 932 and it works amazingly, only cost a couple of pound too.