1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Bitmap Brothers Interview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 27 Apr 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

So much time spent playing their games on my Amiga 2000, back in the 80's / 90's.

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I think I've played all of their games. Xenon 2 was one of my favs.

4. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

Wow flashback, Gods was awesome

5. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I love gods, I must play it again, anywhere know where I can acquire it legally? GOG doesn't have it :-(

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

There is a PC CD with a few of their games on: Magic Pockets, Gods, Cadaver, Xenon 2 & Speedball 2 (I bought it years ago when it was released, you might have a bit of luck with ebay). Not sure how they'll run on Win7, I'll try to dig the disc out tonight and find out.

http://www.bitmap-brothers.co.uk/our-games/past/bb-comp.htm

7. Coltch

Coltch Minimodder

Still got Speedball on disc for PC.

Would be nice to have a blast on Xenon 2 or Speedball on my Android phone - though it's a shame that it won't happen

8. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Wow. He has absolutely no clue about Android does he? Paid apps and games do as well on Android as they do on iOS. Every platform has piracy even iOS.

9. Paul2011

Paul2011 Minimodder

Xenon 2, what a game, spent a good year or 2 addicted to that game. Loved my Amiga and had great memories of "ice cream ice cream!" with speedball 2.

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I spent so much time playing Chaos Engine on my Amiga 1200 back in the day. Happy, happy memories. :)

11. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

Used to smash those games for hours on my Amiga 500 as a kid. I did pick up a copy of Xenon II in a bargin bin on floppy disk for PC several years ago and it is true, the sound is awful on PC compared to Amiga. The only way forward is Amiga emulation.

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I played Xenon 2 on my Amiga A500+ over and over again. I got through to the second level! Once.

13. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Bit-Tech your rocking. First interview with the world of tanks chaps, now weve got the bitmap!...Nerdgasm. Id like to as publishers to stop being dicks, give Bitmap some money.

Id secondly like to appologise to both the bitmaps for playing a pirate version of xenon2 and to Robert Gordons Institute of Technology for infecting there entire network with a virus from said dodgy copy game. I got HELL for that, go Karma.

Id sooo love xenon 3. Ill buy a legit copy this time, promise.

14. veato

veato I should be working

""I'm not sure about Android. The problem with Android is that everybody wants games for nothing, and they don't want to pay anything. Why should we spend money on something when we're not even going to recover our costs? Android's a very difficult one, because it seems like it's a free market. I don't know if there's a lot of piracy – there probably is. And if it's not commercially viable, then why bother? We're not in this business to give things away. If we can't cover the development costs, and if we're not making a profit, then what's the point? I might as well give my money to charity. ""

WHAT?

"I don't know if there is a lot of piracy - there probably is."

So you dont know but you're just going to assume there is. Brilliant!

And by the way I pay for apps and games on Android and dont expect them free. Yes I got Angry Birds free (laden with adverts) but I'd happily pay for it without the ads.

15. SiNTAX

SiNTAX What's a Dremel?

If they release The Chaos Engine on PSP or as a mini, they have one solid sale here! I was only looking at my old copy the other day (Atari ST) and really wanted to play it, but I have no TV/Monitor to play it on anymore. Not even sure if the ST still even works.... weekend project?

Off topic a little, but looking at my old ST games make me miss they way video games used to come, bring back the big box!!!!

16. GuilleAcoustic

I spent a whole day lately playin' on an Amiga emulator (winuae even emulate the floppy drive sound ... and perfectly). There're software to dump your Amiga bios and make ROM from your Amiga floppy disks.

We played : IK+ (International Karate +), Sensible world of soccer, Cannon fodder, Disc, Speedball 2, Vroom, Populous, ProjectX, etc.

So many great memories :D

EDIT : You can use UAE4Droid on Android (it is free) ... but an Android device with a full keyboard (Moto Droid, HTC Desire Z, etc.) is more than welcomed.

17. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Ahh man, you guys just brought up so many sweet memories - good to see all these 'greats' get together for some modern-day madness, we're just missing Rob Hubbard to do a music score now :)

Talking retro - I'd love to see a new 'Elite' I read a few year back that Mr Bell was working on it, also Paradroid/Uridium would be a cool remake for the tablet/smartphone generation I am sure.

18. GuilleAcoustic

OMG, Frontier : Elite

19. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Loved Bitmap Brothers games in their (and my) heyday, but his Android comments got to me too. I could have understood him playing the "fragmentation" card, but to simply assume all Android software (or at least games) is pirated seems moronic, to put it diplomatically. Perhaps he hasn't access to a good Android developer?

20. UrbanSmooth

UrbanSmooth Surround Gamer

Droid X users, rejoice!

The largest current phone screen + games = magnificent! ;)

Tags: Add Tags