1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Zenimax sues Oculus VR

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 22 May 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

:hehe: Patent trolls are always a good laugh :hehe:

Call me sceptical but this seems to have even less of a backbone than some of the Apple "patent infringements" that've come up on the news.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Well Carmack did work for Zenimax when he demoed the prototype rift from the Bethesda booth at E3 in 2012.

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Sorry, but former employees taking trade secrets with them to new employers causes massive financial damage to the old employer, so it is perfectly justified to sue Occulus into oblivion if there is even one grain of truth to the allegations.

5. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

I don't know why but but ever since FB brought Oculus it just seems like it's going to go the way of 3dtv, lots of very clever people involved, big marketing campaign's, huge push to make it "the next big thing", but I have a bad feeling that it's just going to die.
    When it was a kickstarter it really seemed possible and that it would make a big change, but might just be me, something seems to have changed, couldn't say what or why, just seems like it's going to be another dead "next big thing" now.
    Sincerely hope I'm wrong

6. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Hence why I called it a patent troll. Correct me if I'm going blind but I don't see a grain of truth to it.

And lets be perfectly honest here, some ( not all) patent lawsuits that've been flying around as of late have been questionable at best, laughable at worst.

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I guess that's why the courts are getting involved, to try and unravel what happened and find out if there is a grain of truth in what Zenimax are claiming.