1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Airflow, 23th September

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mijolo, 23 Feb 2015.

1. mijolo

mijolo What's a Dremel?

I started building a new case. Had this idea for a while after buying the Silverstone raven 2 which inspired me . Cooling performance was great but I had a plan to do better with separating the individual parts . I'm going to push a lot of air from the bottom with 6 140 mm fans and divert it up and push it again with 2 200mm fans . The mainboard is going to kinda flow in the middle of the motherboard case part and then suck the hot air all out with 2 more 200mm fans on top for best performance which is my theorie because it's a continuing vacuum effect and all straight up like a chimney lol. Oh and sorry for my English grammar still taking ESL classes should get better soon greetings from the us :D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mijolo

mijolo What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Cut all the bottom pieces today. Redone my sketches and put marks on cut out parts tomorrow time for them circle cutouts and hopefully I can start assembling so I can put some of my parts in. Still need to buy fans . Money ain't long lol. Hope you can picture my idea soon .

3. Canardwc

Canardwc @French_fab_factorie

Hi,

If i well understood, you'll place Fan like that (red lines)?

[​IMG]

Be carefull to leave enought space between fans and deflector (green lines), otherwise you'll get a problem.

4. mijolo

mijolo What's a Dremel?

deflector

Hey thanks for replying. No I will put the fans on the outside because the sketching are just for the simple "frame" main case . Still trying to think about an actual design I hope you know what I'm trying to say. I'm trying to make it all smooth looking and not boxy .

Love the questions and suggestions

Thanks already to everybody

Picture update today or tomorrow promise

5. mijolo

mijolo What's a Dremel?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Got some work done it's going well.

6. mijolo

mijolo What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Airflow

7. Canardwc

Canardwc @French_fab_factorie

DREMEL IT! :dremel:

One question, Green flow and Red flows are iquals in terms of debit (m3 per hour)? Otherwise I thing the stronger flow will be reduced by the less strong. That will produce more noise than if you have only Green or Red flow and could revelate counterproductive..

Just a question... anyway..

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Mar 2015
  8. mijolo

mijolo What's a Dremel?

Wish I would be rich so I can buy all i need right now

[​IMG]

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B62gM-D79wNuS3pIT2pHZDFpckk/edit?usp=docslist_api

Did not get much done the last days weather sucks here on the east coast, need more wood but snow won't let me get it. Anyways I put the parts in just to see if theorie is going to work. I didn't do any temperature test with the old case but I know it was hot even woth the side panel open. As you can see on pics it's pushing already a good amount of air and with the diverting piece and all the fans and being a closed case I'm pretty sure I'm getting nice cool temperatures. Gonna run some test like that so I have a base. Of course it's going to look much better lol

9. mijolo

mijolo What's a Dremel?

@canardwc

I research a lot about airflow. Just so everything works the way I pictured it. Uhmmm yeah they all going to be the same or better I try to keep them the same. All of the fans going to be connected to a fam controller. Which I hope I can avoid loosing airflow. And I also will just install silent fans cpu is going to be water cooled and graphics card is in planing to but depends on the money. So I don't need and want noisy fans. That's why I'm building this case in that style.

thanks for suggestions and question .
    First scratch build still learning

10. mijolo

mijolo What's a Dremel?

Had some time again. Got the diffuser in starting to look what I have pictured.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]