1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Win 10 freezing frequently

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ozzie, 4 Oct 2016.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie Fork 'andles I wanted

Hi all, since "upgrading" from win7 to win10 I have always had problems with w10 freezing.
    I have researched it, asked elsewhere and have had many suggestions, some simple and some complex all with varying degrees of success. Sometimes it will be fine without freezing for days and then it starts again. It appears to be worse after updates and was hopeless after the recent big one and I had to clone back an old version which still plays up.

I have a basic home built PC,
    Win10 Home 32bit
    3GB pent
    4GB ram
    Asus H81M mobo
    SSD and 2 HDDs.

Can anyone help me fix this issue once and for all. I don't really want to go for a clean install and I can't see it solving it either. Others with greater knowledge than myself have had similar problems while others none at all.

Basic starting point would this be software or hardware related, I just don't know, tried everything I and others can think of but to no avail.

I am hoping members here can offer some advice which would be much appreciated.

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I had nothing but issues when I upgraded from 7 to 10. A fresh install sorted it all.

I know that is not what you want to hear, but it may be the only way. Also, stick 64 bit on, you have nothing to lose.

3. Ozzie

Thanks, not what I wanted to hear but so be it:)

A bit of guidance needed then. Clean install from an original ISO disk and let it update?
    Can I download and make an ISO of a newer version. Why the 64bit which I see as a disadvantage as most of my stuff won't work on that version.

4. Ozzie

No one?

5. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Use the media creation tool on https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 to create a bootable installer, you'll need a USB memory stick (8GB)

If you've already upgraded from 7/8/8.1 32bit, you might be stuck with 32bit. I would advise 64bit if you decide to upgrade your system RAM in the future.

6. Ozzie

Thanks for your reply, I will give that a try in the morning.

7. Ozzie

It seems to be working OK from an old ISO disk but now wants my internet settings and password to set up Email. I could find these easily in W7 but in W10 I can't, they want IMAC/user name/password info. It has connected to the net OK but is not updating.