1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Leaving for America tomorrow...

Discussion in 'General' started by Joey Propane, 28 Oct 2013.

1. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

And as it's the first time i've been on a proper 2 week trip for a good 5-6 years i'm a little stumped at what exactly I should be putting in my suitcase. Wondering if you fine people could offer suggestions of what I need to pick up in the morning before I leave, point out what i'm missing and what not.

We're spending a week in Texas to pack up a workshops full of machinery, road-tripping across New Mexico then spending the 2nd week in Colorado to set up anew. Just so you know the story.

-Passport, travel insurance documents, wallet, 3DS, headphones, phone and chargers are going into my hand luggage.
    -I've packed enough cool clothes for Texas and warm clothes for Colorado (including a proper coat).
    -I have enough underwear to service a decent sized platoon.
    -I got toiletries sorted, all within airline standards (to the best of my knowledge).
    -Electric shaver.
    -Comfortable trainers, smart trainers and evening shoes.
    -Training gear as I hear the hotel has a gym.

That's what I have so far. I know I need to pick up a travel adapter for my chargers at the airport, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.:D

2. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

unpack half of what you packed and buy new clothes over there.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Know a few people who have taken a load of old clothes, give them to a charity out there and replaced it all with new stuff... Likewise some electricals... You go out with a suitcase full of [old] clothes and, say, a camera and come back with a suitcase full of [new] clothes and a camera...

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I'd have to agree with buying stuff there. It's so much cheaper! :D

5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Sunglasses, if you're driving across Texas. I know it's November, but by all accounts it doesn't let up around that longitude the way it does up here - still a lot brighter than what British eyes are used to.

6. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

Good shout there. :thumb:

The problem is this was all fairly short notice and I bought a bunch of new gear not long ago, i'll probably replace my trainers while i'm out there though.:)

Last edited: 29 Oct 2013
  7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Don't have any data or images stored on your digital devices that you aren't happy about US Customs seeing. They can confiscate and rifle through your gear without a warrant. You are legally obliged to give them any passwords to gain access.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Ditto re: toiletries.

If you're not a brand snob, buy on arrival, and bin it on departure.
    It'll be a LOT less hassle passing Airport Security, and give you more baggage allowance for bringing shineys home. :thumb: