1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New loop, each componant getting hotter

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Zanib, 1 Sep 2014.

1. Zanib

Zanib What's a Dremel?

I have recently finished a rework of my scratch build. It is a single loop consisting of:

pump->Indicator->360Rad->GTX670->GTX670->CPU(i74790k)->res

It worked fine before and the only thing that has changed is the order is reversed and the pipework is new.

The problem I have is that each component is hotter than the last. I know a 1-3 degree increase is fine but I'm talking anywhere from 5-25 degree increase. I could see something like 25 on 1st 670, 35 on 2nd 670 and then 50 on CPU.

Perhaps the pump is dieing? its a couple year old D5 with EK top.

Any thoughts?
    Cheers.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The CPU block may not be making good contact. Did you remove/dislocate it while changing the loop?

The GPU in the first PCI-E lane inevitably does more work than the one in the second PCI-E lane, as this is the GPU that the system uses in default, non-SLI scenarios. It will always run hotter. Loop sequence does not change that.

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Does it make a difference if the pump speed is at 5 compared to say 1 or 2.

Did you make sure the inlet and outlet on both the pump and the block are correctly orientated.

It could also be a build up of gunk in the blocks although normally it's only the CPU block that's badly affected but it does have a knock on effect to other components.

It's also worth rechecking the mounts if none of the above apply but I don't think that's the problem.

4. Zanib

Zanib What's a Dremel?

I have replaced the pump with a new PWM version and got it runnning at about 45% and I seated the CPU block again and that seems to of fixed it. Idle GPU ~28 and CPU ~32. Thanks for your suggestions :)