1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Don't buy MOH if you're British

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DragunovHUN, 22 Aug 2010.

1. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Right, but leading an attack on an airport as an Ultranationalist Russian terrorist cell is OK? It's subjective. People need to realise that they are not forced to buy something they don't like. Likewise, they are not forced to play something they don't like.

Freedom of speech seems to be an "as long as it's our speech" version in the UK and most of the developed world.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

id like to think that the majority of pc gamers are mature enough to not be offended by what side they play.

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

But that was a Russian airport. Fairly sure the Russian government didn't appriciate that too much either. It's mostly just the politicians trying to score +rep with the ignorant crowds.

5. Canon

Canon Reformed

Just because a team is full and I have to join Taliban means I am a bad person? Fair enough if I get a kick out of it, that's a bit iffy, but I should be able to make my own decision.

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

It was, but it was blamed on the US because of the setup.

7. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

If I am not mistaken the same thing can be said about the British troops, and any soldier from any country. (the Danish troops are in the same area)

Wars are not purely fought by men without family. Taliban has wives and children as well.

8. Fulzo

Fulzo Stamrock

This guy is just butthurt because his wife won't let him pre-order the game..

"If i can't have it, nobody can!"

9. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Just politions scoring brownie points from the masses

10. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It's a VIDEO GAME not real life, when will people realize this

11. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Is it normal to not give a ****?

I mean, seriously, games have been portraying more-or-less nameless and faceless enemies that are clearly based upon the Taliban for years. Why should anything change now that a game developer has decided to cut out the middleman, as it were?

Either way, I really couldn't care. If the game appeals to me, I'm going to buy it and play it. Hell, I might even play the Taliban side online out of choice, who knows? If they have equipment and natural map advantages that lead me to prefer playing them, then so be it. If the differences are purely cosmetic, then I might choose them because I prefer how the stock gun sounds. That's how I chose to play the Allied side in Enemy Territory. The infantry gun had a more satisfying sound as I shot. Hooray? Never mind that the Allied side sometimes sucked to play on, i chose to because I didn't like the sound of the Axis gun.

Plus I played the Allied side so much, I ended up shooting the Nazis on sight out of reflex, and ended up TK'ing a lot.

Notice how at no point during my preferences did I say "I want to kill people who may have existed in a battle that happened fairly recently"?

Bah. It's not like I was planning on buying it. I might just buy it because people are complaining about it now.

Damn politicians making me spend money on games I don't want.

*Grumble*

Viper355 and lp1988 like this.
  12. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

A nice piece of logic too often lacking in this world. +1

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

for those politicians speaking on the news: never.

or when our generation gets into parliaments. but then, we'll start complaining about reality simulators too real?

14. Fiyero

Fiyero Vindaloovian

I think politicians should on the most part be banned from publically airing their opinions on video games, and popular culture in general.
    They have no understanding of it, but they still pander to the ignorant masses.

Unless you're educated on both sides of the story, it's best to shut up or risk looking a total arse.

Yet again, a politician has opted for the total arse option.

15. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Next he'll want to ban the SAS skin in CS:S because terrorists are killing a British person. Alas, this isn't the case, it's a load of god damn pixels which I have no feelings for. (Even though I do think the real life SAS are awesome)

The Taliban and soldiers are easy to distinguish between, thus are good choices for teams, they don't represent 'sides' in an argument.

Unfortunately, that prat of a politician is the one who was elected in the constituency I live in too, grrrrr.

16. reggie50

reggie50 Minimodder

That gives you the perfect opportunity to yell at him directly :D

17. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

And in Afghanistan they'll probably ban it because you get to play as British troops killing...

Perspective is everything.

18. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Yeah man, Foxxy must be alright with gunning down Civs in airports with a heavy machine gun.

19. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Next they will call for Civ V to be banned simply because I will try to start a nuclear war with France every single game.

20. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

My friend told me about this book once where a man force a man at gunpoint to have sex with his own daughter then murdered them both to make it look like a murder/rape and a suicide.

BAN EVERYTHING!