1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education I Need a Reasonably Capacious Laptop Backpack

Discussion in 'General' started by theshadow2001, 5 Oct 2016.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Does anyone have any suggestions on a reasonably sized laptop backpack. I need something to hold my 13" laptop and a 10" e-reader plus accessories. I also have another bag of gear that I need to carry in the laptop bag which measures 320x190x100 so the main compartment should be that size at least. Ideally it would be able to protect the electronics from rain and would be padded in the right areas to protect the electronics when I put the bag down on hard surfaces. Any ideas or good experiences?

Last edited: 5 Oct 2016
  2. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

3. theshadow2001

I was looking at that one earlier. The smaller bag I need to carry is also a wenger swiss one and its decent enough. I saw someone wearing one today as well. It must be a sign :D . I reckon I'll go ahead with that one.

4. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I bought a Dakine Heli Pro which is a snowboarding backpack. Carries my 15 inch laptop, 20l of stuff and I can hang junk like my bikelock, helmet and extra layers I need comfortably.

I can recommend Sprayground as I had one of these.
    [​IMG]
    Which held up to 2 years of being used daily, hauling stuff whilst I cycle to/from work and go dog walking.

I guess I must be hard on my stuff :(

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Work just bought one of these for me:

[​IMG]

Looks like it'll hold up a hell of a lot better than my old Targus bag did. Currently £28 on Amazon for the 15.6" version and it's eligible for Prime.

Buckets of space in there, has a dedicated padded pocket for tablets/e-readers, and has a high-vis rain cover tucked up in a pocket on the bottom. Certainly ticks all my boxes, and the fact that the rain cover is high-vis is ideal for when I'm cycling in.

6. theshadow2001

Looks good but I went wiith chairBoys suggestion yestwrday because I need one sooner rather than later. Thanks all.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2016
  7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

For future reference, also consider Crumpler. Currently carrying around my Canon cameras, lenses, new 15" MBP and my Lenovo ThinkPad X230 in various backpacks and sleeves from them. They are a little more pricey but my oldest (Sheep Scarer) backpack is 10 years old now and has been all this and several other countries with me, and whilst it looks a little rough around the edges now, it still hasn't fallen apart. You get what you pay for!