1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair H100 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 9 Jan 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 9 Jan 2012
  2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Shouldn't there be a price as reviewed? I know its not difficult to find a price but it helps to give a reference point for the Value score.

Good review though.

3. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Lol 4 degrees better than a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro - at full speed! Seems pretty pants.

4. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

I would like to have seen the figures for a 4 fan setup, my Lian Li has the necessary 2 fan cutout and I was waiting for this review but am a little dissappointed especially as the article mentions that the controller has the connectors for the 4 fans

5. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

Nice I will get my H80 tomorrow cant wait

6. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Added! Doh!

7. Combatus

Not on the LGA2011 system which is why it wins an award :D

8. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

I'm going to 'be that guy' and point out that if you have enough for a LGA2011 setup, you probably have enough for a 'proper' watercooling loop. It costs more, sure (I'd place a good setup at around £180) but would give superior cooling.

9. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

Piece of cack

10. littlepuppi

littlepuppi Currently playing MWO and loving it

I run it with 2 x GT's blowing through with enermax's on the outside for looks, 4.6ghz it only just goes over 60 degrees on IBT at Maximum, amazing cooler.

PS chip is 3930k

11. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

You guys should put the noise on graphics too, as important as cooling factor is also the SILENT from it!

12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

This concurs with my findings. The H100 is rubbish. BTW.. you can't possibly live with it on medium or full unless you change the fans. It's stupidly noisy. It's also rubbish, and struggles to cool my 4.7 overclock. IBT running with fans on high, sees 83 degrees. No idea how littlepuppi gets those temps, but fans can't make up that much difference.

13. Combatus

They probably do but water-cooling is still a very niche area and many people simply don't want the hassle/are afraid of leaks etc etc. For those people, some of the new all-in-one liquid coolers are the next best thing and are far easier to install.

14. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Depends on the chip Pookey - Simon's 990X runs a good 10C cooler than the 980X I had before at the same frequencies. Some chips just run insanely cool, and it's lilkely that littlepuppi's is one of the good uns.

The hierarchy of non-extreme CPU cooling should be simply Air -> Water. Closed loop coolers are nothing more than "pretend" water coolers which are beaten by high end air, which is why I will never get one. :D

15. Kruelnesws

Kruelnesws What's a Dremel?

Well I already bought mine on boxing day :) I had it planned as part of my new build with the 2600k with a much higher overclock. I want to see if I can hit the magic 5ghz. Be it that people with full tilt liquid cooling loops are hitting 5.2ghz+. I've seen people with aggressive air cooling hit 4.7+ with no problems. Well, too late i now own it and no regrets, i got a hell of a deal $85 CAD... bahahaha. Find out in the next month or so how it fairs when i push the hell outta my 2600k! I did have to get 2 adapters so it would fit in my df-85 for the top but that was little effort.

16. DesertFox

DesertFox What's a Dremel?

Last page has "Corsair H80 Performance and Conclusion" title.

17. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

90% for LGA 2011? Really? Honest to god, really? It's a weak cooler, I wouldn't advise anyone use it unless you're not planning on overclocking with the X79 chipset. Proper watercooling is a must IMO.

18. Toka

Toka Minimodder

No comments on noise then? I don't want to buy a cooler if the only way it really works is by sounding like a hair dryer...

H100 Colours are the wrong way round in the AMD graph on page 2 btw, and the key is wrong on all 3 graphs.

19. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

the corsair h series are VERY loud when running full tilt,
    but a decent pair of fans will lower temps AND noise ( sythe GT's are what im using on my h70 )
    quieter AND better temps = win

20. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I have an H80 paired with two GT1250's @ 7v and the noise that irritates me the most is the pump noise -.-'

Tags: Add Tags