1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U Epic Mickey

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Zurechial, 17 Jun 2010.

1. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

E3 trailer up, I found this thanks to Ars Technica. Apologies if this has been posted already but a cursory search didn't turn it up!

I wasn't particularly excited about this game before, even with the creative genius of Warren Spector driving it, because I usually have no interest in games that aren't 'serious'.
    That trailer has changed my mind.
    Maybe it's just Warren Spector talking about it that caused it, or maybe it's the fact that it just looks damn fun and has some great ideas but this game looks it could finally be a really good reason for those of us who aren't interested in party games or Nintendo IPs to buy a Wii.

The art direction looks fantastic and the idea of using paint and thinner to manipulate the world could make for an innovative take on the physics/world-manipulation/sandbox gameplay elements we've seen in things like LittleBigPlanet or Garry's mod.
    If the soundtrack snippets in that trailer are indicative of the music in the actual game then that could be another major selling point for me, it sounds fantastic even in those short segments!

Plus, c'mon - It's Warren Spector. :D

I still wish Spector were making another new Cyberpunk title a la System Shock or Deus Ex alongside this though :worried:

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I hope he goes back to his roots and does and RPG after this - he's often said he's probably only got one more game in him after this.

Still, this does look amazing. Having read a bit about Spector over the years, it's good to see that he finally got his biggest wish - to work at Disney and create a Mickey Mouse adventure.