1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PlayStation 4 The one thing I want on PS4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 22 Feb 2013.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

For that share button to have a 'Warning: Spoilers' tick box.

I don't want my Bioshock 4: Rapturous Infinitum ending to be spoiled by some overzealous 12 year old.

2. Scroome

Scroome Modder

What I want, is to be able to play all those games I purchased in the online store for the PS3 to be playable.

Chances are slim for that to happen.

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I want the button to transport me to an alternative reality where I am king of the universe. In this reality publishers will be forced to ensure that their games actually contain some gameplay (a term from pre 2000 which meant you actually got to play a game rather than just watch it).

Also in this reality Mark Zuckerberg's father became impotent at a young age after an unfortunate incident with a horse, a hose pipe and a bicycle and unfortunately the world was deprived of Facebook.

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

God only knows what happened between that horse, hose pipe and bicycle.....

5. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure God knows either frankly.

All I want from the PS4 is a working, functional internet browser.

6. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

.mkv support would be nice

7. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Just use PS3 Media Server and stream to your PS3. Works beautifully, though I see your point; native support on the PS4 would indeed be nice.

8. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

The main thing I want is for the full backwards compatability promised for the
    PS3...........that we never got

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I just want to know it will work with PC force feedback steering wheels when GT6 or other racing game comes out :)

PS3 BC would make a purchase easier, no room for another box, it's one out, one in under my TV.

10. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

And that I believe has been confirmed NOT to be a part of PS4, IE. backwards compatibility, a giant f-u to all their fans but that seems to be the path Sony have chosen.

Think I will stay with my PC :D

11. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

>.>

I have never had a console and probably never will, but I vote for this too, just on behalf of righteousness, common sense and reasonableness in the universe.

12. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

the backwards compatibility was one of the best things about the Ps2 you could upgrade to it from the ps1 and all your games still work ( albeit with some special memory cards ) then they totally messed it up with the ps3, and it likely cost them a fair few sales ( i certanally didint upgrade to the ps3 )
    if they had ever fixed the compatability issues then its likely i would have purchesed a ps3 tbh...
    i just hope they learned from their mistake

13. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Chances are zero for that to happen. No chance of BC on the PS4. Sony would literally have to install the PS3 chipset onto the PS4 mainboard for any of it to work and... that's insane.

Same thing with online purchased games. Just because you buy them over PSN doesn't mean that they aren't also specifically coded to work with the Cell. I don't understand why people are upset over this issue. You still have a PS3... you wanna play a PS3 PSN game... play it.

Good news: Maybe PS5 will have BC, seeing as how they are using a basic PC architecture now.

Last edited: 23 Feb 2013
  14. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Screw legacy support.

It's holding the industry back.

You want to play PS2 games, get a PS2.

Legacy is the reason we had to keep PS2/Serial ports on our pc's for so damned long.

I'll be happy to see a new platform built from the ground up with no legacy support in mind!

sotu1 likes this.
  15. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

For the motherloving win. I totally agree with you here.

I'm actually hoping Sony/Gaikai will offer the full suite of PS1/2/3 games on back catalogue as part of a PS Plus Premium or something.

Honestly? I'll pay £30 a month for all PS1-4 games streamed via Gaikai if it works.

16. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

I disagree, on my PC I can play almost anything with an emulator. The idea of not even being able to play your PS3 games library on a PS4 is just daft. And PS2 games is even dafter, I bet I could probably emulate them on my iphone.

17. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

You could probably emulate them, but that would require far more work and effort and stability and controller issues than I'm prepared to bother with. That and it's probably illegal. And I don't really want to play console games on my PC.

BTW, does a mod want to merge this thread with the main PS4 thread?