1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Does anyone use 45° rotary fittings that don't leak?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Combatus, 11 Apr 2012.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I'm getting a tad cheesed off with angled watercooling fittings that are quite simply sh*t. I've used all of the below and they all leak, even under slight sideways pressure at the rotary joint.

[​IMG]

The above leaked straight away - utter crap

[​IMG]

This lasted a while but after a month or two, the seal failed and allowed small drops to get through

I finally used these today only to have the result below after I spent three hours plumbing in a new system :miffed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm loathe to spend £15 a fitting with Bitspower but I don't see I have much choice? Has anyone used anything else?:sigh:

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

TFC 45º extenders. I've never had one leak and I've used a lot. I bought mine when Scan were selling them cheap and the current price is a tad expensive. They appear to have a chrome layer to the nickel plate on the silver ones so match Bitspower fittings.

How many do you need?

Edit: I've used the EK 90º fittings and they don't leak either but I haven't tried the 45º ones. Note that the finish on the EK silver ones is a dull nickel finish and doesn't match any other fitting for colour.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I think you may just have a bad batch, as I have the same fittings, which haven't leaked in the few years I've used them.

4. Combatus

Not too fussed about colour really. I need six - can't find them on Scan but just found the EK ones which look okay and only cost about £4.

Four are leaking and feel quite loose, the others are firmer at the rotary joint and don't appear to be leaking yet but I'm not going to take any chances and will be replacing the lot.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I have one of the same type as in the picture and at the joint its very loose, I haven't tested it for leaks, but I don't trust it all and won't be using it.

I also have the TFC ones mentioned above. As well as looking great, they seem (so far) to be watertight.

Also, Antony, while I have your attention: Loving all the modding articles, they really are brilliant.

6. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

It's a pity Scan stopped selling the TFC ones as they were about £9 for 4, I bought 8 packs of 4.

I do have 8 spare and they all work without leaking but they're all marked in some way and a few quite badly. I also have some that I had planned on replacing with Bitspower extenders. I might be selling those on though as I didn't get as many as I expected. It'll be a few hours before I know what I'll be doing with them.

7. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I guess I won't use any in future either then. I bought 2 and have used them a bit but now they are out of the loop. Never had much of a need for them really.

8. Combatus

Thanks! Glad you like them!

Thanks. I may well be interested - damn £9 for 4!!!:duh: They always seem to be useful so I'd probably have done the same! I'm chatting to the etailer I got them off at the moment, hopefully to get a discount off an order of the EK ones!

9. dirky90

dirky90 Minimodder

i cant back up what people are saying about the tfc connectors!! its a dam shame that they arnt selling then anymore as i am looking at changing to black fitting and it will cost me an arm and a leg!!!