1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wrote this column in 20 minutes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 Sep 2005.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

Um...Maybe I missed it...Grammar Police?

3. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Nice. :)

w00t to the HTPC! w00t to you getting off your powerbook fixation! You're a convert, Wil! You've been SAVED! :D

Seriously, though...the forums changes are nice, and the grammar police thing makes me think of a nun with a ruler. So who's dressing up in the costume?

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

Wil, I guess.

5. Guest-6374

Guest-6374 Guest

Good to hear about the crackdown on Internet grammar, but you're certainly not the first. SomethingAwful bans people regularly for using "omg u r 2 l33t" type language, which is more like a nun with an AK-47 than a ruler, I suppose.

And if you're going to cover the Xbox 360, I don't see why you wouldn't cover the PS3 or Nintendo Revolution as well.

6. logan

logan flashback!

Nice.

However, discuss link needs fixing (points to the "article discussion" sub-forum).

oh, and did someone mention grammar police?
    When do I get my badge and tazer? :D

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

The article discussion forum link should be fixed - I did so about 5-10 minutes ago. ;)

8. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Tazer? No one mentioned tazers...
    Where do I sign up :eeek:

9. AdeTBun

AdeTBun What's a Dremel?

Does this mean that I can look forward to been able to read posts without wondering what the odd looking words mean? Oh good. :D

Just a quick comment in reply to the question of coverage for consoles, I'd quite like to see coverage of older technologies such as PS2. I know that PS2s aren't exactly cutting edge but they're not exactly antiques either.

Thanks.

Ade

Last edited: 28 Sep 2005
  10. Tim S

Tim S OG

We're attempting to make the place as coherent as possible - I'm sure people will improve the discussion if the post content is of a higher standard. :thumb:

11. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I dunno about the grammar police, but here's a Grammer nazi for ya.
    [​IMG]

12. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

huzzah!
    It's only fair to use decent English to help make the place more intelligible for all the non-native-speakers.

13. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

So, Wil does his work on a mac, and plays his games on a console. And just uses a PC for playing about with shiny expensive hardware? :D

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

basically, yes :D

15. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

fraid your not the first internet forum to be using grammar police, as has been pointed out another forum already does this, and a mountainbike trials forum i frequent regularly actually uses a spelling checker to correct some of the more common mistakes such as the osme used in the article as an example, there is also an accout named the "Spelling Bee" which can be used by any of the senior members (voted in for both good knowledge and good posting language), mods and admin, to correct spelling grammer and punctuation :) it also makes for some very comical posts!!

And on that note, after a long night out at the new freshers first night at Loughborough Uni and some pretty damn coherant posting on here for a drunkard, i bid you adue.

16. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Heh, Kelsey Grammer + Hitler 'stache = win. I SO didn't get that until I realized his name is only Fraiser Craine in the TV show...

I love the new forum layout, what with project logs and not psoting liek an idi0t. Oh, waitaminit...!

Erm... hypocrite. "being" perchance?

I mean, spelling errors one and a while no biggie (especially to the many of us, though not myself, who aren't first-language-is-English types) but some posting sanity is good. Except when using this craptastic keyboard that I'm using... but that's what I get for not being bothered to use my main keyboard on my spare rig while my main one is "under the dremel".

Tags: Add Tags