1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Tell us your claim to fame

Discussion in 'General' started by nescafe, 19 Aug 2010.

1. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

Right i thought i would start a thread where people can post there claims to fame.
    And i guess i will start

I was invited down to Dunsfold where Top Gear is filmed and was part of the pilot episode when Top Gear made its comeback. Met Jason Dawe, Richard Hammond and of coarse Jeremy Clarkson. Half way through the day Jeremy came up and asked several of us what we thought of the day so far and everyone was saying yeah its good apart from me who said to him."Yeah its ok but i am gagging for a ***." With the Jeremy said " hold up everything, Me and my new mate here are going for a smoke" And with that me and Jezza went out the back and had a couple of smokes..He he he..

Canon likes this.
  2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

3. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

I'm going to be in a documentary series here on national TV after earlier appearances in the largest newspaper and some magazines.

:D

4. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

This wins!
    And links in to my claim to fame.
    I'm in Mankz's signature!

5. hyder

hyder horrible horrible horrible

About 5 years ago the legendary Bay Area thrash band Heathen crashed at my place after their gig in Glasgow. I got a proper backstage pass that night - all laminated and on a lanyard and everything. Now since Lee Altus has joined legendary Bay Area thrash band Exodus I get backstage everytime I see them as well!

6. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

My family just drove the most spectacular driving road ...IN THE WORLD listening to Don't Stop Me Now all in a Hyundai hire car. :(

My dad has had lunch with Prince Harry a couple of times (he's met loads of famous people) but I've never met anyone remotely famous. :(

7. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

I come from the same village as Jeremy Clarkson.

8. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Where do I start?

My favourite was calling Andrew Lloyd Webber a cnut at a party & having Dave Gilmour (of Pink Floyd fame) backing me up on it

9. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I've met royalty, but who hasn't. Those ****ers get around a lot, they spend their whole lives visiting schools and cutting ribbons.

Other than that, nothing. I remain totally unphased by the entire concept of fame, I don't think I'd look twice if I saw a famous person (in fact that's happened in London, and I didn't).

10. K

K 528491

I met Thomas Sorenson yesterday.

If you aren't into football this is pretty much boring as hell. lol

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I had a job as a ghost and made a 15 year old French school girl physically wet her self in fear in front of her school mates. To them she will forever be known as the girl who pissed herself in Scotland. That my friends is job satisfaction. :thumb:

Guest-16 likes this.
  12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I had drinks with Scooter after friends of mine wanted to know if "THose germans over there" were scooter. At their (Scooter's) expense.
    I met Ennio Morricone once, know Shaun Morgan Welgemoed personally (was trying to get Saron Gas - Seether now) to play in NAM at the time, and he said they would, as soon as they got back from the states.
    One of my good mates played for Dragonforce for a short while.
    And I met ZP Theart (from Dragonforce) through that friend, who has little good to say about DF.

13. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

While on work experience for the Northern Echo, I spotted myself on the telly on Tyne Tees news as I'd gone along to something to do with a school closing down or something.

I've also been on Antiques Roadshow - it was the one at Burghley House in Stamford. I was stood in the queue behind a large display cabinet.

While visiting the Red Bull factory and waiting in the reception area, waiting to be shown round, Mark Webber came in and said Hi.

14. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Shoulder barged Johnny Rotton of Sex Pistols fame at a launch party by accident.

I train with the Roger Graice

Once met Peter Snow and Philippa Forrester of Tomorrow's World fame.

That's pretty much it.

15. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I stroke my ego all the time so much I don't see reason to tell all of the great things here. But.. Just.. one.. Although it's funny more than fame.

I've been in sauna in the Finnish embassy in Berlin. The design showers sucked so bad.

16. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

I got blanked by michael palin the other day going home from work only to turn the corner to see nicholas parsons!!!

17. K

K 528491

My mate's granddad was the second Doctor in Doctor Who.

Exciting I know!

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I don't have one.

At all.

I could not be happier.

19. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

I met and shook hands with the guys from OCC.

20. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

According to genealogical reports my great great (great?) uncle is J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan author). Also have John Logie Baird (Grandmother's cousin ~n times removed) in the family.

I'm also decended from the clan of Robert the Bruce (Robertson clan/Roberts/Robbies, etc). I'm the first generation in my family to be born outside of Scotland :p (pure scotsman and damn proud!)