1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other 2d Blu Ray to 3D

Discussion in 'Software' started by noizdaemon666, 6 Dec 2011.

1. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

As title really. I've been streaming MKVs to my TV for months. Then mysteriously a few days ago, it simply stopped, giving a media playback error. It now only plays videos using xvid. Originally in the manual it did say that it would only work with xvid based stuff so I was pleasantly surprised that I could stream anything regardless of file type.

tl;dr I need to convert all my videos :)grr:) to xvid based files. What software would you suggest?

I now need to convert some 2d Blu Rayd to 3D. Posted 2 posts down what I need to do :D

Cheers

Last edited: 6 Dec 2011
  2. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Freemake Video Converter. Worked well for me for ages, and its free.

noizdaemon666 likes this.
  3. noizdaemon666

Ta Blazza :D +rep

Next question. Does anyone know of any free software that will convert blu rays 2d to 3d on the fly?

If not, does anyone know of a software that will rip blu rays to say mkv format?

Cheers all

:thumb:

4. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

MakeMKV will rip to MKV (funnily enough) is technically shareware but there is a code in the forum that allows you to keep the copy activated until the end of the beta.

Only problem can be it can't break the encryption on some newer titles for a few months.

5. noizdaemon666

Cheers Showerhead, I did look at that earlier. Only thing is it makes each file on the BR into an MKV, rather than putting them all together into one movie. Or at least that's what it did for me.

6. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Shouldn't have to, there should be an option on your TV somewhere to do all the hard work for you!

TSB

7. noizdaemon666

Thing is, it's not off to a TV. (Sorry should have mentioned that!) It's for a 3D Vision system in the shop where I work. I think I may have it figured out though, just ripping a Blu Ray to it now using DVDFab. Then Cyberlink DVD whatever can do the 2d to 3D conversion.

Cheers guys :thumb: