1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft, Oracle release critical security updates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 14 Jan 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

ai. a penny for every time there is an IE security problem article on this site alone...

3. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

firefox and chrome have just as many flaws, in some cases more, but you don't hear about them as much

4. Griffter

do i really someone coming to the defense of IE???

5. Griffter

do i really hear someone coming to the defense of IE???

6. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

there's nothing wrong with internet explorer, like ALL software, it has it's flaws, and so long as you remember that and keep things up to date, it's a perfectly good browser.

anyone who says any other browser is safer are deluded, they may not have the same flaws, but they have flaws all the same.

7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Firefox and Chrome have DIFFERENT problems, I'd say mostly related to stability or hardware consumption than anything. IE today seems to be pretty stable but it's also only developed for 1 OS. AFAIK, not even Windows XP or Vista get the latest IE version. Chrome, FF, and Opera are supported on just about every platform. That's a lot more debugging to do. Every browser has its excuses. Firefox is open source and seems to have a bad management team, Opera isn't popular to gain a higher userbase (and therefore more developers or bug reporting), and Chrome is still pretty young and is working on new APIs. What's IE's excuse? Safari is probably the only browser that is what it intends to be without failure. Safari is by no means the best browser, I personally dislike it. But I don't really ever hear about stability, security, or incompatibility issues with it.

8. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Thats a pretty well made argument. Well said son.

9. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Anyone stupid enough to use IE deserves worse than a virus!!!

10. Griffter

too my defense! :) , i struggle to argue will ppl that protect IE.. mainly becos i really dont know where to start coupled with the fact that the person using IE is using it in the face of just ultra hard facts and an ozy eshop charging extra to users on IE cos of the hell he goes through optimizing it for IE... so what can i say new to convince them... thx! lol

11. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

ok I should point out I use ie10, and if you really want to get into nitty gritty stuff on security of programs, secunia is a good place to start.

IE10
    Chrome
    Firefox

12. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

IE? What is that? ;-) :p