1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards g1.a88x build

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by OversizeZantos, 9 Jan 2014.

1. OversizeZantos

OversizeZantos What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone, my firend has just built a pc.. A-8-6600k, 8gb xms3 9-9-9-27, gigabyte g1.sniper a88x, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd, msi twin frozr 6950 2gb. And is experiencing random crashing where the system stops frozen (in game and in windows), and sometimes (but rarely) recovers itself. Mainly it stays frozen (though Skype runs for another couple of minutes) for up to the 5mins he decides is enough.

This sounds like a hardware problem to me, but no idea why I think this or what it could be, other than a dodgy motherboard possibly from the fairly comprehensive freezing of the system

Or am I completely wrong and its way off?

No idea, so please help

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Sounds like a RAM issue to me. Run MemTest86 for a while and see what happens. :)

3. OversizeZantos

OversizeZantos What's a Dremel?

Cheers, he's in Dorset and I'm in Scunthorpe, so told him and he's trying it later tonight.

It's a clean install of win7 64, latest drivers across the board. Updated the bios just before he went to bed last night and is going to use it this evening as normal to see if the problem persists.

One thing we noticed is both core temp and hwmonitor don't report the temps and voltages correctly for anything. But the gigabyte easy tune 6 does seem to, so hoping this is a case of them not supporting the g1.sniper board and not the actual motherboard being a dud