1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jrs77, 20 Jul 2014.

1. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  2. rollo

rollo Modder

Playing it with a friend and its a bit text heavy from my point of view that and it been a bit slow does not help its cause you can spend 20hrs in the first city with very little clue about what your trying to do without following a guide. Using a guide for a game like divinity would defeat the point from where I stand.

Its a challenging game combat actually makes you think. Plays a lot like the original bg2.

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

**** me, it must be a good game if it matches your rigid list of requirements for consideration. That thread you started last year was like purgatory. I'll definitely buy this game at some point in the future.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Cracking game! Tis a little unbalanced in some places and there is NO hand-holding what-so-ever. This is largely a good thing, although it does mean you run around some of the time with very little clue as to where it is you need to be going.

Suppose I got used to modern games that constantly point you in the direction you need to be headed in. Quite telling really, when you play a game that requires you to work things out for yourself, and you are surprised at this. That used to be standard.

5. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've put in 9 or so hours into it so far and I have to say it's a great game, definitely the best RPG I've played in the last couple of years. The more I play the better it gets :rock:

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Oh I've missed RPG's like this. Waiting patiently for Pillars of Eternity and that Torment game that is in the works. Also waiting for Dragon Age Inquisition and Witcher 3 and that other project cdprjekt are working on. It is a good time to be an RPG fan! Especially if like me you enjoy both the old style ones and the new! :D

Gotta say I love Divinity being turn based during battles. And the action points (think Fallout). Means you really have to think about how to approach certain fights.

My 2 characters are a knight and a wizard, and my companions are another wizard Jahan and a rogue I'm speccing to an archer that I got from the hall of heroes. Think I might have ranged combat covered LOL

7. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I'll definitly get it if JRs likes it. I've been disapointed so many times lately with modern RPG. Last I bought was Legend of Grimrock and I really like it, reminds me of the good ol' time playing Ishar on my Amiga.

I might finally be able to play something else than Baldur's gate or Planescape torment :D

8. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I've seen most of my Steam friends playing this game a lot so I took that as a pretty good sign for it.

Might try and get it before the weekend so I'll have something new to play.

9. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Purchased and hopefully going to start this evening in multiplayer/co-op with some friends.

Fired it up quickly and had a quick play and first impressions were quite good - Kind of brings back some nice nostalgic memories!

10. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Ok, didn't do co-op as it turns out it doesn't work as we expected and also the game is far too slow paced for me too enjoy with my friends (we normally just get quite drunk and have fun and this game needs to be enjoyed to its full).

Started playing a bit yesterday and today and all I can say is I bloody love this game.

11. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I went in blind and made a knight and mage (pyro/geo). Thing is, you have so much companion choice I don't think there is a right/wrong combo, but you definitely need the utilities that mages bring (elemental). At first I was sorely missing a ranger as I had stacks upon stacks of special arrows and no one to use them. Now rolling with a ranger and air/water mage and made my knight into a tank and everything is going smoothly.

Not sure when I can find the time to play it all the way through but the game is definitely addictive for me - it's the kind of game that makes me want to pull a sicky and play all day! Dangerous.

12. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Might give that a whirl for fun sometime.

I must admit I still haven't finished it! This seems to be happening a lot to me, I kind of loose momentum with games.

13. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Bump!

I am loving this game. Just grabbed the Source Hunter DLC. Anyone else regularly play this?

14. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

The more I hear about it the more I feel like I need to get a copy.

15. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Definitely worth it.

I might have another play through sometime soon - having a bad memory can be a blessing too sometimes. :D

16. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

It is the sort of game I cannot put down. The humour, tactical combat and quality are all fantastic. You will not regret it.

17. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Divinity is usually my Sunday morning game (though I can frequently be side-tracked by other games and work).
    At the moment I'm playing through the story with a fairly hard hitting two-handed weapon user... sort of in a intelligence lacking barbarian play-style.

The game often struggles to hold my attention well enough to keep my playing more than a 2-3 hour session each week at the moment, I'll probably spend longer sessions on it when I've cleared some backlog.

18. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

My main is a fighter/tank, with second being a geomancer/witch which buffs everyone else. Then I have ranger and wizard companions.

The ranger has the glass cannon talent, so she gets the most buffs/does the most damage!

I tend to play for an hour or two then stop, most games need to be played like that imo! Gone are the days I would sit there for 6 hours dehydrated and without seeing daylight! :D

19. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I have a fairly similar line-up, my second Source Hunter is a sort of Geomancer/Wayfarer mixture who mostly buffs the party. I've then got a similar style ranger as well but don't have a wizard, instead I have someone focussed completely on healing because I don't have anyone with much defence.

These days, the only games at the moment that I can spend whole days playing are the turn based global domination games like Europa Universalis/Crusader Kings... and sometimes World of Tanks when I'm determined to unlock something.