1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Best instant coffee?

Discussion in 'General' started by boiled_elephant, 20 May 2015.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I avoided wording the title "Good instant coffee", because that's a contradiction in terms, but if you like good coffee and you simply can't make good coffee at work, what's the best instant substitute? I'm on Nescafé at the moment and it tastes like poo.

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Personally I like Carte Noire but have moved to decaf and grabbed a bulk of Kenco sachets which is which nice.

I have it black, I find milk tarnishes the taste

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

legoman likes this.
  4. RTT

RTT #parp

thanks. reminded me i needed to grab some more coffee from hasbean.co.uk :D I have nothing else to add ;)

5. veato

veato I should be working

I got on ok with Milicano (white) and I used to drink Nescafe Alta Rica a lot (black). I'm not a fan of Azera although I can't remember specifically which one it was as they do a few varieties.

Someone at work has one of these. No more real effort to make than instant really and at least you get more choice/better coffee out of it.
    http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/zyliss-smart-hot-mug-red

6. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

We have Kenco in my UK office. It's got caffeine in it but that's about it.

My office in Germany had a Nespreso machine with variety of pods. I miss that machine.

That Cafe Tiere mug looks great. I might actually get one.

7. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I normally find that Nescafe Azera, Kenco Millicano and Carte Noire Instinct are all fairly even when it comes to a decent-ish quality instant coffee.
    Usually I'll pick up whichever of those three has a special offer going on for my in-office supply.

8. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Azera is my favourite, however with the ever increasing need to reduce my caffeine intake I find Millicano decaf' my 'go to' right now.

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Mind actually blown!

Another Decaff drinker go to at work is Millicano at home I still go with Carte Noire Decaff. Probably get a jar of Carte Noire when the Millicano runs out for work seems a little smoother with milk.

10. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Got one of these for work, it works surprisingly well for the price.

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Carte Noire is quite smooth but, to be honest, the debate is very much tallest dwarf or prettiest hippo.

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nescafe espresso
    &
    Nescafe cap colombie

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

From Lidl Bellarom Colombian 100% Arabica whatever that may be. But it is very reasonably priced with plenty of flavour and given that I have little left in the way of taste buds following radiation treatment that is saying something. Definitely worth a try.

14. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I had something like this. It's great in theory but you end up drinking lots of coffee grinds which normally stay in the press when you pour it into a mug.

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Percol. Instant espresso.

/thread.

16. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Interesting thread! For me there's no contest between Carte Noire Instinct and the others... it's just miles better. But I kinda agree with Spreadie that they are all a far cry from "proper" coffee like Taylors. Damn, I have a bag of Taylors in the fridge... Ima make a cup right now. :D

17. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Nescafe gold blend, just make sure you pour the milk before adding hot water....

18. Pootana

Pootana What's a Dremel?

I like lidl expresso in the black tin. I use a stove top maker. Plenty of flavour compared to instant... A wee bit longer to make but worth it imo

19. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This is what I'm drinking at the moment, but I'm drinking it black and find it pretty unpalatable that way. If I add milk it's okay, but I'm not big on milk.

Not entirely surprised to see Lidl recommendations, I've found loads of their obscure-brand stuff surprisngly good quality. Might give those a go, then on to try Azera and the other variants. Appreciate the suggestions all o/

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Around this back end of the world, our choices are somewhat different to yours.
    I personally can't stand Nescafe anything (as b_e said - without milk tehy seem to taste terrible, and I am not into milk in my drinks).

I find the Jacob's instant drinkable, and am making more of an effort to find something decent for home use right now.
    (for clarification: Home use for me is one, maybe 2 cups a week. No point buying an expensive machine for that, or digging the perculator out. At work it's all perc coffee)