1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Radeon 9600, 9800 Details Emerge!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fowler, 1 Mar 2003.

1. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

Courtesy of The Inquirer:

ATI's 9600 (RV350) is expected to be introduced during the course of next week, while the Radeon 9800 Pro is also close to release.
    Let's recap on what we've got so far. The RV350 uses .13µ (micron) technology, uses two vertex pipes, with four pixel pipes (one TMU on each), while its core clock speed with be around 350MHz but there's room for that to grow.

The Radeon 9600 will have 64MB of 128-bit DDR memory, while the Radeon 9600 Pro will have higher clock speeds and quite possibly 128MB of memory.

These cards are much cheaper to produce than for the R300, we understand.

You won't need any additional power supply connection, and it looks like the RV350 will be pin compatible with R200, so use a much rejigged R2XX family deisgn.

As for performance, it appears that the 9600 Pro may only be between 20 per cent to 50 per cent ahead of the latest TI 4200 cards because of its inherent design.

The R350, if you recall, uses .15µ technology, has four vertex and eight pixel pipes with Smartshader 2.1 and Smoothvision 2.1. The core may be 375/350 or possible even 400/350.

Come April, we'll likely see the Radeon 9800 Pro in Europe, which is likely to give around a 20 per cent gain for modern games playing, and will include 256MB of 256-bit DDR memory.

Personally I think ATi have stole the market for the rest of the year, what do u think?

:baby:

2. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

I normally lean towards the side of NVidia, simply b/c the drivers are better, BUT I think ATi has FINALLY gotten their act together. They caught NVidia with their pants down and are taking advantage of it. The GF FX, aka hairdryer, is not doing what they wanted, AND STILL ISN'T AVAILABLE, so ATi is capitalizing on it. That's the way the business world works. I hope this make NVidia get off their ass and make a better video card. Cause in the end it will mean better hardware and drivers for all of us game fanatics. :D:D:D:D:D

3. Camdyman

Camdyman What's a Dremel?

"They caught NVidia with their pants down and are taking advantage of it."

Oh dear....
    That is illegal in most states of america..

4. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

5. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

arent these supposed to be in best buy 2day? anyone checked? seems like someone here works for a best buy in florida

6. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

Phire does,I rmember that cuz he said that if I did to his stores demo comps what I do to my local store's comps, hed hurt me big time. hehe

Tags: