1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision teases Sierra rebirth

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 8 Aug 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Ooooh I'm hopeful for a Grand Prix Legends re-make.... that would be bloody brilliant!!

3. CustomPCMAX

CustomPCMAX Computer Geek

I am going to go out on a limb here and say... who cares? They had some great games back in the day, but I fail to see how reviving a completely shut down company would actually bring those days back. Everyone involved with it when it was successful is probably long moved onto other things (or even died... it has been a while).

4. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I think Phantasmagoria was the last PC game I bought or played until about 2005, It just totally put me off PC gaming. I did however enjoy one of the space quest games earlier in history.

Oh and I have to agree with CPCMAX, I don't get the point in bringing back a dead company, one with a tarnished reputation at that !

5. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Outpost was always a favourite of mine. It was definitely not ready for release, but seemed to capture the space exploration vibe well - with a complete lack of instructions/guidance for added effect :p

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

If the current batch of old-school "remakes" are anything to go by (read: Flashback, Syndicate) then I almost wish they'd just kinda leave Sierra dead-and-buried.

I suppose asking for HD versions of Kings/Space/Police Quest in the same vein as Monkey Island I/II would just be asking too much, right?

7. Bokonist

Bokonist What's a Dremel?

Have you tried the Lotus 49 in Assetto Corsa? If not I think you'll be impressed.

8. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Thanks Bokonist!! Why have I not heard of Assetto Corsa before??? The thing I liked most about GPL was the sound of the Ferrari 312.... dat noise!

9. Bokonist

Bokonist What's a Dremel?

It's still an early access release, so there are still a few missing features, that said it's probably the best driving experience you can get on pc at the moment. I've lost many hours to it already.