1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards DFI LANPARTY UT 790FX - Any good?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sleepygamer, 14 Jun 2010.

1. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Hey guys,

So my computer fouled up, and I suspect that it is my motherboard. In fact I'm pretty certain.

(Full story: After a particularly slow session of computing, with a few odd system errors, I shut the computer down. When I started it up again, only the fans connected to the PSU span up, not the ones connected to the motherboard headers. No POST beeps etc. Upon opening the case, I saw that the slightly loose 4 pin connector on the 24-pin motherboard cable had worked its way much more loose. Oops. I reattached this, and made sure everything else was secure, and fired it up again. This time ALL the fans span up, but I still got no POST and no display. I think the long session with only 20 of the 24 pins providing power burned out the motherboard, but you are all welcome to correct me.)

So anyway, I got a little bit of money, and I'd like to get this system running once again. The specs are in my signature! The motherboard I have been looking at to replace my old one is this DFI Lanparty board. I know dropping an AM2 CPU in an AM2+ mobo is not the best solution, but at least it will work, and give me a slight upgrade path.

Is it a decent choice? I've heard good things about DFI boards.

Also, is my analysis of my problem correct? I don't wanna buy something I don't desperately need.

Thanks in advance, guys!

Please be quick, too. If I order quick enough, I'll get it tomorrow, and be able to relax again.