1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scan 3XS Hoojum Cubit Media Centre

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 25 Jul 2005.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned

OHHH SHINY!!!!

3. tsutton

tsutton Minimodder

>>Hate making the jump to our sister publication to read page two?<<

That's me... I come to Bit-Tech to read reviews, not going to another site. It's too much of a hassle.

4. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

don't like the fact that it's an externally written article.
    were you paid for it? (I guess that's okay, but I don't want to leave the site to read the rest.)

5. Asphix

Asphix What's a Dremel?

looks pretty cool, but I typically dont like the chrome look. Looks like it would be killer with some lighting FX though!

btw, I dont mind the linking and all as long as it doesnt result in a lower volume of reviews/articles from you guys (which I know woudlnt happen). Just giving an opinion from the other side of the spectrum

6. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I'm not UNhappy to see the link to TR, I suppose (extra opinions are always welcome)....but I'm one of those people that comes here to read YOUR reviews.

If you want to post a link to something like this, I'm all for it, but maybe hardware NEWS is a better place for it until you can get the review yourself. After all, it's not your article, so why is it on your front page as if it is? I actually felt a little bait-n-switch when I clicked on it and saw "From Trusted Reviews". Is there a reason this couldn't have gone on the "news" sidebar like other, similar external reviews?

All told, when I click on an article button, I want to see the writings of one of a very short list of names up there...and someone who does't work for BT is not one of them.

Then again, remember, guys, I'm a purist PITA. ;) But this is my $0.02

7. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Wouldn't i be right in saying Bit-Tech and Trusted Reviews kinda merged recently allowing the new design and full time staff?

Nice article though

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

No, we haven't merged - I think you've got slightly mixed up.

The new design came before Wil, Geoff and myself were employed full time by Bit-Tech. TrustedReviews and Bit-Tech have not merged, we are merely part-owned by Hugh Chappell, the owner of TrustedReviews.com.

I will leave Wil to explain the reasons behind this article, but you can read 'the facts' about Bit-Tech's current state here: http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2005/06/03/bit_tech_giant_leap/

9. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Ahh cheers for clearing that up. I looked for that article but the search didnt find it :(

10. Rexxie

Rexxie What's a Dremel?

Yes. Very.

11. RTT

RTT #parp

It was a piece of news which 'search all' ignores at the moment (news results dilute article results way too much).

12. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

hmm, i dont mind having articals by other people on here much, but i dont realy think it deserves to be on the main page.

maby the news section would have been a better place for it.

cos tbh it wasent near as good as any of your own reviews,

certain major things put me off the artical- figures mainly or the lack of them, or something to actuly compare the product against because there were no real comparisons. also that details such as the actuly type of ram used were missing which i found a bit annoying

imo saying that u fired up halo and found it to perform better then when u first had halo installed on a totaly differnt machine of which the specs are unknown tells me abosultly nothing.

yer so it wernt as good as your articals and doesnt deserve to be amoug them is basicly wat i think. :D

13. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

the Hoojum has been around for ages now, the original hoojum cube was made out of white plastic, for hospital use, and looks EXACTLY the same as the 3xs!

i must admit, it is very sexy and shiny :D

14. TMM

TMM Modder

In that case, screw worrying about GPU noise :D

Tags: Add Tags