1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft withdraws, re-releases 10 Patch Tuesday updates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 16 Sep 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Is this just a side-effect on Microsoft's insistence on releasing patches on a particular day of the month? Is it just that patches written later in the monthly cycle have less time to be tested properly before release, and so are more likely to contain bugs?

Inquiring minds need to know!

3. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

All those NSA/GCHQ backdoors causing problems perhaps ?

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Hmm... Not sure they have done it properly though. I was getting the three updates that continuously tried to install until sometime Saturday I think when after another check of WU the three updates disappeared and WU reported that there were no update to install. So I agree that they were withdrawn but after checking WU once again today after reading this article my WU has not found any further updates to download and install. So at least at my end I have not had the 'fix' yet. Are they 're-issued' to WU but haven't been released to the public yet?

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

They should be live on Windows Update now; if you're not being offered them, it's possible that they did actually install successfully at some point - one of the bugs was to fail the install constantly, the other was to actually install but act like it had failed the install constantly. Check your list of installed updates, see if they appear in there - if so, you're golden. Theoretically.

6. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

Blame all those to the NSA/GCHQ backdoors !

7. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I think the QA department needs sacking.

8. SchizoFrog

Thanks Gareth... Do you happen to know if the reissued updates have the same KB numbers?

9. SchizoFrog

After checking I can confirm that the three updates in question were all installed. :)

10. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

I like patches, but that's probably because I was born in the 60's