1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Games I Own: Codename: Eagle

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 6 Apr 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Boogle

Boogle What's a Dremel?

I loved that game too! I had only the demo and did exactly what you did - mess about on my own. No one played the demo online, so it's all you had. Yet at the time, it was so unique you couldn't help yourself but play the demo. The zepellin was amazing, this massive floating fortress IN A GAME! You could even fly it yourself! A true titan before BF2142 was even sketched out on paper.

No one ever believes me when I say that there was a game better than Battlefield before Battlefield. It was probably rubbish online, but that's all lies!

3. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

It rang a bell with the wingwalk, I've heard of it in another game, I guess that's pretty wicked. Although I think that the character would freeze at such altitudes xD

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

codename : probably won't be playing this XD

5. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

I had many experiences playing multiplayer demos by myself. The ones I played were Outwars and Jedi Knight (being darth vader on the death star was the best).

6. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

Now here is a title i hadn't heard of in some time. Like you, I picked this one up from a bargain bin after enjoying the demo. I'm very glad I never paid full price for it because it was, in a word, rubbish.

7. Rexxie

Rexxie What's a Dremel?

It's a real shame you never experienced the sheer awesomeness of multiplayer Codename Eagle. It's one of, if not THE best multiplayer game I've ever played.

For anyone who is interested in trying it out, there is an unofficial updated multiplayer demo (which contains just about everything the full game does) available on Codename Eagle Nation (www.codenameeagle.net).

Try it out at your next LAN party, I will guarantee many laughs :)

Tags: Add Tags