1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Suspicious Props in Lost?

Discussion in 'General' started by boiled_elephant, 4 Aug 2010.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Sorry, but can someone put my mind at ease about what these objects might be? Visible for a half-second in Hugo's visit to Libby, s6e12:

[​IMG]

A collection of roll-on deodorants? Novelty oversized magic markers? Popsicles? I mean, they wouldn't just put dildos in the background of Lost for lulz...right?

2. hyder

hyder horrible horrible horrible

Giant crayons or bit of chalk.

I would say that the dodgiest props of all were the multitude of nameless crash survivors who milled around in the backround half the time. ****ing ridiculous show. Worst ending to anything ever and we were all taken for a ride.

3. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Pieces of Sidewalk chalk.

4. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Why oh why do you bring up that show... just when I thought I was past its overly hyped up meaningless ending... I dare say that was my favorite show... until it made no sense...

Anyhow, it does look like sidewalk chalk worn down to a point... Which does happen when used on concrete in repetitive motions on one side until its turned and repeated.... *sigh*

5. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

500mph is correct; it is sidewalk chalk. I know because my daughter has that exact same kit (and I can tell from having seen quite a few sidewalk chalks in my time...:p).

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Sorry, but WAT? Last time I tried to watch the damn series there were polar bears on some tropical island? And now you say only the end made no sense? Rrrrrright.

7. outlawaol

The show was a mystery throughout its run. Every episode made you wonder what the hell was going on. Some where just fillers, but overall the show kept you on the edge of your mental seat.

Like I said, it made little sense when it started, and ended on the same note. In my expectations of the series finale, I was expecting more out of 'what was actually going on'.

Some love the ending, some dont. Im a dont.... The entire show can be summed up in two words.
    THEIR DEAD
    Wow, what a plot mechanism...

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Don't get me wrong, I never really watched that crap. My GF just forced me to watch a couple of episodes and my idea of the series making no sense whatosever is based on those.

9. outlawaol

Nah, you just gave me the fuel. I threw it on my fire of Lost... lol :D

Sorry I derailed the thread.... :D

10. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

You have to watch it in order or nothing makes sense and you have to start from the beginning

Good show, not so great ending

11. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

fixed that for ya :thumb:

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah, "sidewalk chalk".

Looks like the "Art" time of a psychiatric ward/asylum, and I guess the show producers/set managers thought larger chalk would be more common than the smaller, easier to swallow/eat size :p

I don't think they'd try and slip dildos in there, they were too busy trying to come up with a compelling ending to a terrible show :/

13. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Watching the first episode raises more questions than it answers - a plane has a huge flameout at 30,000 feet, rips in two, then crashes on land and people manage to survive. How the **** does that happen?

Oh, and there's an engine still running on the ground. Despite its fuel supply being cut off. And someone gets sucked through it. because I didn't see that one coming.

I knew at that point the writers were lazy and everyone was dead and this was some sort of hell.

I didn't watch any further episodes, but I gather I was mostly correct in my assessment.

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I was hoping for a crazy drug trip.

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Confirmation Bias

Also, you're both wrong in your assessment of the entire thing being a purgatory mechanism and have misunderstood the final episode's implications. That's not what was going on, it wasn't a "just a dream" fallback and the duration of the island experiences wasn't a non-reality.

Anyway I'm glad there were no dildos hidden around the show. That would have broken it for me.