1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Watch Dogs Release Date confirmed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 6 Mar 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Looking like the biggest game of the year. I am super excited about this!!!

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Me too! :)

4. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Oooh not long to wait :)

5. SimoomiZ

SimoomiZ What's a Dremel?

Looked incredible ...But judging by the latest PS4 demo the graphics have had a major downgrade.

After the Alien Colonial Marines fiasco and what that did to Gearbox. You'd imagine they'll release something that when cranked up looks very similar to the E3 2012 demo[on PC] . Even if it brings hi-end PCs to a crawl.

Gearbox had to rush out a 5GB upgrade. And although gameplay trumps graphics. If Watch Dogs looks nothing like that demo, the backlash will be huge.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

When it was announced back then ps4 did not exist. I'd not be at all surprised they have relised niether console can max the game.

Can't say I've ever saw said demo either so it may get some backlash from people who have followed it since E3 but it won't from regular players who probably don't notice the difference.

7. SimoomiZ

Yeah probably built on expected theoretical performance , which won't be realisable 'til late in this generation , if at all.

But still, PC could do this at a push:

[​IMG]

8. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Not too interested about the gfx. the premise and gameplay are what are really interesting me. If it came with Deus Ex HR graphics, I wouldn't be disappointed.

9. SimoomiZ

Gameplay > graphics yes, true. But creating truly immersive worlds is important also. Otherwise why bother bringing out new consoles; consoles sold entirely on their graphical prowess?

The thing is , that demo footage from E3 2012 ran on a 680GTX apparently . It was a playable 'vertical slice' according to the admin on Ubi's forum. If that ran on PC HW two years ago. There is no reason why two years on , with better GPUs and tools like Mantle*, they couldn't create something similar on PC now, on the highest possible in-game settings regardless of TFLOPS required. Ok, the consoles can't handle that, at the moment . But there is no excuse on PC, not two years on.

*Both Dice and Oxide said it took about two months to implement Mantle support for their respective games.

10. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Looking forward to this, Elite: Dangerous, The Witcher 3, and sadly, not much else so far this year.

Rumbles of CA doing Warhammer sound promising but also unsure when that will be out.

11. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

from Twitter

Tags: Add Tags