1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Looking for Mini MOBO suggestions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Joosh, 18 Nov 2008.

1. Joosh

Joosh What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, I'm in the progress of a mod, but I've been halted by the size of the case I have to work around, I am wondering at this stage if there is anything other than microATX that still allows for a fair bit of play.

I have looked at the VIA Integrated Boards (particularly the VIA EPIA-M700 Mini-ITX Board) and that may be one way to go but I am looking to use this system as both a home theatre system and as a gaming computer (for nothing more intense than warcraft III though).

I don't know if looking to do both of those things on the one small board will be possible, but any suggestions would be great.

Thanks again,

Joosh

2. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

you should be able to find a mini-itx board with an AM2+ socket and a PCIe x8 or x16 slot that would be suitable for your needs. i know jetway makes one, and there are a few other manufacturers too. epias are kinda pathetic, there's no way that via board could play 720p h.264 stuff.

Tags: