1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Motherboard and Fans help please

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by burnswick47, 9 Sep 2011.

1. burnswick47

burnswick47 What's a Dremel?

Hello
    Good day to all, may I ask a few question I no someone here will be able to give me some good advice
    I am making a new PC from scratch the motherboard is the ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE
    It had three sections of ATA connectors
    (1) Marvell Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s connectors 7 pin SATA6G _E1/E2 navy blue
    (2) Intel Z68 Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s connectors 7 pin SATA3G_1/2 gray
    (3) Intel Z68 Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s connectors 7 pin SATA3G_3-6 blue

I have 4 hard drives and one DVD player please can you say can these hardware be plug in any of the above or do they have to be in a special point
    My reason for asking is when I start to setup windows XP I am having a problem where it is giving me the BLUE screen where it stop the operation windows halt to prevent damage the system.
    The user guide doesn’t really say which is which.

Another problem I hope you can help with is this system is Water cooling that’s the CPU the Graphic card and the memory, therefore I do not have a CPU fan connect
    I am getting a CPU fan error on boot up.
    I am using ZALMAN ZM-MFCI plus Multi Fan Controller 6 fans this is to cool the three fans on the radiator plus three other fans
    On the box of the ZALMAN ZM-MFCI it says two fan cables should connect to the motherboard but why I ask is because the fans just keep on at full speed I cannot turn them off the controller is powered by the PSU so I no power is getting to it
    Please could you advice me on this
    Thank you for your help in advance
    Des011

2. Deders

Deders Modder

You can use them on any of them, I'd save the Intel 6.0GB/s for any ultra fast SSD's, the 3.0GB/s for any normal disks and DVD drives, this way you can switch the Marvel off in the bios until you really need it or want it for troubhleshooting. Will also help with Installing XP as you will need to load one driver prior to the XP install screen (via the F2 menu) You will either need a floppy disk witht he appropriate drivers on or a version of windows with the Z68 SATA controllers integrated into the setup process. This will stop the crashes.

Edit: You would be better off just using Windows 7 if possible, much simpler to install and it will make better use of your hardware.

Last edited: 9 Sep 2011