1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This a good idear?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Votick, 29 Jun 2009.

1. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

As long as the OC is stable folding will be fine

3. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

I found that "Intel Burn test" REALLY hammers CPU's so run that for an hour or 2 and if it survives you are good to go.

All my overclocks that ive had reliability problems with seemed fine and passed on Prime95 but failed quite quick on Intel Burn test but soon as it passed on IBT then they have never froze/BSOD'd while folding :)

http://downloads.guru3d.com/IntelBurnTest-v2.0-download-2047.html

4. Vince_Kinslow

Vince_Kinslow Folding Millionaire

Yep if the overclock is unstable folding will break it and you will get loads of EUE's ( Early Unit Ends ) :nono: :worried:

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Everything of mine that folds is overclocked and some of it quite heavily too. All you have to do is be sure that the overclock is stable before you run any WUs on it, because as Vince says you'll get EUE's galore if you fold on an unstable overclock.

Speaking of which, I am still having problems with the PC2-8500 RAM in my Quad core machine. Since some of you folding members never venture over into the hardware forum, maybe you could take a look at the thread on it and shed some light on the problem?