1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Slow Internet Since Windows 10 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by CardJoe, 13 Aug 2015.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Hey Gang!

Wondering if you can help me diagnose this. I've got two PCs, one laptop and one desktop. One wired, one on Wifi. We upgraded to Windows 10 and, since then, it's been really unreliable and slow internet. In Chrome. In Edge. On Steam. Pages half-load, images don't load, pages hang...it's awful.

Nothing else has changed in either PC and I've disabled the Windows 10 torrenting upload thing. So I'm a little stuck about what else may have changed.

Anyone have any thoughts?

:wallbash:

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Do you have and AMD Card? [or cards as it's affecting more than one PC]

If so look for a utility called 'AMD Quick Steam Technology' and remove it... that can [and did on my parents PC] totally bugger up your internet speed... And unless you manually deselect it it reinstalls itself whenever you update the driver...

Also if you had a custom DNS [Google's or openDNS or the like] set, might want to check that it's still set to whatever you had it set to, and if it is try one of the other ones.

Other than that i don;t know what to suggest, All 3 of the household PCs have been upgraded to 10 and none of them have shown what you describe...

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Try reinstalling the NIC drivers.

4. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

And update the chips drivers these cause all sorts of weird issues when they are running on the Microsoft installed ones

5. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

To be fair, Joe's already said that he's switched off the update sharing.

I had this issue with my Linx tablet, and it seemed to be a network driver issue - once I'd manually updated the driver it all worked fine thereafter.