1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Potential New PC Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kehoe, 6 Apr 2016.

1. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Hi guys,

Posted the other day about my PC having power issues, its with my local store and the MB does have a fault, Lucky it has a 10 year warranty but the guy at the shop has suggested once fixed i upgrade,

Currently Running a EVGA Classified X58 with a Overclocked i7 950. i have 12GBCorsair Dominator GT, All under water. Originally this pc had a 580, This wasn't running and last year was replaced with a 980ti

Now once the RMA has been dealt with the above system will be running fine, but its out dated, Kinda wanting to know what kinda price i'd be looking at to replace the above - the graphics card

The psu i have is a 850w PSU.

If i do decide to replace i think id just get the OLD pc running the I7 with 580 ect and have it as a backup pc

just wanted to see whats out their and what kinda price id be looking at for something as good, id also want to water cool the system

Thanks in advance for any help

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

If it's not the motherboard I would chuck a 6 core Xeon in it.

3. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

I was advised that a few years ago, but i cannot see what id gain from a xeon over a newer chip, i got a HTC on order ideally like to think i wont get any issues with a newer system, i can then get the old I7 with my 580 and either sell it or give it a new home else where.

just wanted a rough idea of what id need to be spending to get the system replaced.

4. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Id be really interested to see what EVGA do with the 10 year warranty, I would be very surprised/impressed if they had a shed load of X58 Classifieds sat around! I maybe wrong but they might offer you a substitute and that would form the basis of your new system.

5. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

I am currently awaiting their response although i've registered the product they now want the receipt, but it was 2011 i purchased it and i dont have it anymore, and where i got it from no longer shows it on their website under orders so EVGA said they would escalate it as their is evidence of me registering it and the details of when i did,

They said it be the equivalent replacement if they cannot repair it. so id also be intrigued, because what do they base that off. Still waiting for a reply only time will tell.

6. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Really intrigued as my RMA for my board says its Replacement not a repair... will be shocked what EVGA do i really hope they replace as i love this board but will be shocked if they have back stock of a EVGA x58 board. Only time will tell i guess

7. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

EVGA are offering a refund as a replacement cannot be offered :D

8. rollo

rollo Modder

No big surprise, would cost them a small fortune to source one