1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Macro Extension Tube Ring Set for Canon EOS

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Kronos, 12 Jan 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Someone gave me a set of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/MACRO-EXTENS.../dp/B001CWZE6A

But I have know idea how to use them can anyone link me to some sort of help with these? Or better still simple explain their use?

Playing around I note if the 18-55mm is fitted with these then I can see very little. Swapping to the 55-250 I am getting superb close ups. But really need some info on these things.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Figured it out. Not sure they are a useful addition though.

3. wecrookie

wecrookie Minimodder

Try this little guide Extension Tubes.
    The parent site is very good for all sorts of info.Well worth bookmarking m8:thumb:

yours wecrookie:confused:

p.s i'm too thick to explain it to ya....

damn too slow!!

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am registered there mate and completely forgot. Thanks for the virtual kick up the backside. lol.

5. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I got some of these for Christmas (not the exact ones you linked to but similar) and they are a bit of fun. I've only used them a couple of times and they take a lot of trial and error to get any decent (ish) photos. I've found that putting the camera on a tripod and then moving the actual subject backwards and forwards is the best way to get it to focus. Your thread actually reminded me that I'd been meaning to take a few more shots - here are some of this morning's efforts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Click for bigger)

Not the best ever but not too bad in a poorly lit dining room :D

I should add that I've fiddled with these in lightroom - they definitely didn't look quite this good straight out of the camera!