1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Can someone plz gimme an There Opinions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by (Ck)Vegeta, 26 Mar 2003.

1. (Ck)Vegeta

(Ck)Vegeta What's a Dremel?

ok its on Video Cards:

1st: Asylum Geforce4 Ti4200 128 MB DDR AGP

2nd: Asylum Geforce4 Ti4600 128 MB DDR AGP

3rd: Albatron Geforce4 Ti4800 Series Medusa 128 MB DDR AGP

Wich is the best out of these 3 or gimme close competition to these cards plz

I no im not very well liked since when i post i dont get replies or anything ive looked at specs on all of these cards and they look close but i wanna maie sure before i go spend hard earned $$ on something that might be junk. My head is on the Albatron

2. Iceman

Iceman Staff

Assuming the 3rd card is a 4800 not a 4800SE then it's the best of the bunch but at the end of the day the 4800 is only a ti4600 with AGP 8x.

3. (Ck)Vegeta

Kool

Thanks im going to the Computer Show in Syracuse not as big as some you guys have been to but i think imma go with the albatron 4800 thanks thats all i need to know :) now here goes my hard earned cash but my Pc is my life

4. Moo

Moo What's a Dremel?

The Gf4 cards built by various companies are based on reference designs so there is little difference in the basic performance of cards. However different companies make better or worse coolers, important if you want to overclock, and also different software bundles.

Albatron have been getting some alright reviews seeing as they have only come into the high end market recently, but they are not yet up with Gainward or Hercules.

If you can get a good deal at the show go for the 4800, otherwise you can overclock a 4200 to near 4400 spec quite easily and save some money.

Let us know what you get,

5. (Ck)Vegeta

6. Moo

Moo What's a Dremel?

As Iceman says, the 4800SE is only a 4400 with 8x AGP.

You would be better off getting a 4200 and overclocking it, or putting more money in and getting the 4600.

I don't think your motherboard supports AGP 8x, and there is not much around that would utilise that sort of bandwidth.

Pity, as it is a nice colour /color

7. (Ck)Vegeta

nope

My MOBO doesnt support 8x i was hoping theyt would have that card in 4x at the show but im not sure what i wanna get im gonna have so many choices and now i gtta do more looking since it doesnt support 8x but the show is april 5th so i got lots of planting i was thinking bout Asylum or Gainward Geforce4 Ti4600 128mb ddr agp i think imma just go with that ive ran the 4200 and its a nice card but i might rock with the 4600

8. Iceman

Iceman Staff

An AGP8x card will work no differently in AGP4x, they are totally backwards compatible. The 4800SE probably isn't worth buying unless it's a gainward golden sample, the one i'm currently testing runs 320/675 no problem at all which is obviously quicker than a ti4600. Best bang for the buck has gotta be the 4200 though but for guaranteed top performance the ti4600 is gonna be the safer buy, after all you can never tell how far the ti4200s gonna go.
    Just a thought, if you've got the cash for a ti4600 why aren't you looking at the 9500Pro? It'll destroy all the geforce series and it's a damn quick card, maybe even a 9700?

Tags: